VPN Conf Importer

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I know there are a couple of plugins available but I have taken the VPN script by @dsayers2014 and attempted to make it a plugin. At the moment it imports the config filess for

AirVPN
Cactus VPN
Digibit
Fastest VPN
IP Vanish
Ivacy VPN
IVPN
Lime VPN
Monster VPN
Nord VPN *
PIA
Privado VPN
Pure VPN *
Slick VPN
Safer VPN
Surfshark *
Torguard
VyprVPN
Windscribe

If you have Grogbuild Infinity installed then you will find it in the downloadable plugins list Extensions -> VPNConfImporter other builds can download it from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/io8w4kfvf0wwmby/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter.ipk?dl=1

The plugin required openvpn and vpnmanager to be installed on your box, as both are available on the openATV feeds they should instal when you install VPNConfImporter, I'm not sure if vpnmanager is on the vix feeds so you may need to install the vpnmanager first manually before installing this plugin.

1604851353203.png

You can create a file called vpn.txt with your vpn username on the first line and vpn password on the second line and copy it to the /tmp folder on your box and set Import Credentials to yes in the plugin and it will use those, alternatively highlight username and press OK and use the virtual keyboard to enter your username, then repeat for the password. NOTE: Surfshark users do not use their account username and password, log into your account and look in manual setup, you need to use the username and password in the Credentials tab.

Now use the left/right arrows to select your VPN provider, now press the blue button to save.

That's it, your vpn provider config files should then be imported and set up for use with the VPN Manager. Now open the VPN Manager and select a server from the list. By default, Autostart is disabled, you can change this in VPN Manager by pressing the menu button and change the autostart setting.

I will add other providers when I get the chance.

Craveat: I only have a vpn account with Surfshark so that is the only one I have tested, if anyone uses the others please comment in this thread if it does/doesn't work. Those providers marked wth a * have been tested by users, others should work but until someone actually uses it I can't confirm.

UPDATE : From version 0.30 (uploaded 30/11/20) if you do not have the VPN Manager installed, the first time you click save in the VPNConfImporter it will install openvpn and VPNManager and then reboot the box. Once VPN Manager is installed the box is no longer rebooted by the plugin

Last edited:
If you're image doesn't have VPN manager on feeds it can be downloaded from here https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/raw/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk

Download and send ipk to tmp then install via box

Alternatively telnet putty command opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/raw/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk

Good Morning Dsayers thank you for reply unfortunatly i have given the box back to my friend and put his account onto a firestick to get him going again.However i will get it back (after lockdown) and give it a try. The only thing that is sticking in my mind is with the box only being Linux is it possible to put openvix/atv onto the box so then i could put any of the builds on effectively that then becomes enimga2? Thanks again Chrisal

I know there are a couple of plugins available but I have taken the VPN script by @dsayers2014 and attempted to make it a plugin. At the moment it imports the config filess for Surfshark, Nord VPN, Fastest VPN, IP Vanish, PIA, Ivacy VPN and VyprVPN

If you have Grogbuild Infinity installed then you will find it in the downloadable plugins list Extensions -> VPNConfImporter other builds can download it from
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq8cd4k3sei89fd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter.ipk?dl=1

The plugin required openvpn and vpnmanager to be installed on your box, as both are available on the openATV feeds they should instal when you install VPNConfImporter, I'm not sure if vpnmanager is on the vix feeds so you may need to install the vpnmanager first manually before installing this plugin.

View attachment 56068

You can create a file called vpn.txt with your vpn username on the first line and vpn password on the second line and copy it to the /tmp folder on your box and set Import Credentials to yes in the plugin and it will use those, alternatively highlight username and press OK and use the virtual keyboard to enter your username, then repeat for the password. NOTE: Surfshark users do not use their account username and password, log into your account and look in manual setup, you need to use the username and password in the Credentials tab.

Now use the left/right arrows to select your VPN provider, now press the blue button to save.

That's it, your vpn provider config files should then be imported and set up for use with the VPN Manager. Now open the VPN Manager and select a server from the list. By default, Autostart is disabled, you can change this in VPN Manager by pressing the menu button and change the autostart setting.

I will add other providers when I get the chance.

Craveat: I only have a vpn account with Surfshark so that is the only one I have tested, if anyone uses the others please comment in this thread if it does/doesn't work.
Might be a really thick question but here goes. LOL. Which username/password do i put in? My Nord login details or the big long username/password they provide?
Cheers

Might be a really thick question but here goes. LOL. Which username/password do i put in? My Nord login details or the big long username/password they provide?
Cheers
ah I would suspect the long one if it's like surfshark

Yeah ive tried it and followed instructions. Everything is on box i get the green spinning light on vpn icon but it wont connect.
Am using openatv 6.1 on h2h, tried grog build free range on h2s openatv 6.4 and keep getting blue crash screen. How do i upgrade to infinity please?
I am running 2 android boxes so not an emergency lol. Just prefer my old zgemmas.

Have you tried connecting to a different vpn server in the vpn manager?

I think you will struggle with 6.1 as it's really old now

When does grogbuild blue screen? ie what are you doing when it happens?

Yeah ive tried it and followed instructions. Everything is on box i get the green spinning light on vpn icon but it wont connect.
Am using openatv 6.1 on h2h, tried grog build free range on h2s openatv 6.4 and keep getting blue crash screen. How do i upgrade to infinity please?
I am running 2 android boxes so not an emergency lol. Just prefer my old zgemmas.
Just tried this with a nord account someone gave me to test and it works with email address and password.

If using virgin try setting Google DNS. You might be able to use that in VPN manager press menu and set default DNS to 8.8.8.8

Have you tried connecting to a different vpn server in the vpn manager?

I think you will struggle with 6.1 as it's really old now

When does grogbuild blue screen? ie what are you doing when it happens?
6.1 is working now with vpn on h2h, will upgrade it at weekend. It was blue screening on h2s on 6.4, it was a bit random, mainly when i was in vpn manager but i was putting in the wrong username/password. Now i know its email/password with nord i will try again. Dont really use that much but nice to have as a backup. thanks again for help.

Can verify that nord vpn works perfectly well through these 2 plugins
Took 5 mins to set up, added details in the confimporter using remote and saved.
Then used vpnmanager to activate vpn and set country.
Cheers chaps

are we able to make requests to add other vpn providers to this?
I am working through those that @dsayers2014 has in his script as and when I get half hour as it has the locations of conf files, but as @urie said above, if you know the url to the configuration files and if they are accessable without logging in then do let me have the info and I will have a look

I am working through those that @dsayers2014 has in his script as and when I get half hour as it has the locations of conf files, but as @urie said above, if you know the url to the configuration files and if they are accessable without logging in then do let me have the info and I will have a look
im afraid i am unsure where to get that from.

i have created .ovpn files for my provider but i was logged in to do so.

Back