VPN Conf Importer

That's what the picture is showing on the log
just found it in the code, it checks if the image is openvix or openbh and if so sets expiry date. I aint got a clue why, I think the plugin was moded by someone to work on py3 and I wonder if they addaed it for some reason, but I may be wrong and I may have done it for some reason but I never even looked at getting it to work on openbh

just found it in the code, it checks if the image is openvix or openbh and if so sets expiry date. I aint got a clue why, I think the plugin was moded by someone to work on py3 and I wonder if they addaed it for some reason, but I may be wrong and I may have done it for some reason but I never even looked at getting it to work on openbh
I added it just so there is a reminder in the settings file of when the vpn expires, it doesn't have any effect on vpn manager.

If it's now causing openvix to crash, just bin that part of the code.

I could never get it to work on openvix 6.2 or 6.4, works ok on grogbuild on openatv though.
I still do not understand vpnmanager has been around for a few years now as with perhaps for grog68 vpn config importer and dsayers script openvpn files sometimes do get upgraded and there can be different changes urls can change from vpn supplier but unless any feedback from users who may can check with there providers. I do not think grog68 or dsayers could possibly have accounts for every vpn provider :)

I added it just so there is a reminder in the settings file of when the vpn expires, it doesn't have any effect on vpn manager.

If it's now causing openvix to crash, just bin that part of the code.
Does it crash if someone doesn't input the expiry date?

Just checked here on vix 6.4.004.007 Dev on a Vu+Uno4k and I get no crash although configs will probably need updating

Example purevpn I changed

Code:
vpn_config_url = "https://d32d3g1fvkpl8y.cloudfront.net/heartbleed/windows/New+OVPN+Files.zip"

Code:
os.system("unzip -q tmp.zip && rm tmp.zip && mv 'New+OVPN+Files/UDP/'* ./ && rm -rf 'New+OVPN+Files'")

Edit crash happens when using vpn.txt method.

Last edited:
Hi - I thought I'd share my experience updating Digibit VPN configs using this plugin in case it helps anyone.

I originally used dsayers script years ago but lots of my servers stopped working as the configs were well out of date (I'm still on Open ATV 6.4 and haven't updated my h9T for donkeys!) so decided to try this plugin.

It downloaded the configs no problem but what I noticed was that the server names had spaces where previously they had underscores and they would simply time out.

As soon as I bulk renamed the file names to replace any spaces with underscores they all started to work.

I've no idea if this makes any difference or might help someone else but that's my tuppence worth.

Thanks again dsayers for the original scrip, Grog for the plugin and anyone else who has contributed. Excellent work as usual.

Hi - I thought I'd share my experience updating Digibit VPN configs using this plugin in case it helps anyone.

I originally used dsayers script years ago but lots of my servers stopped working as the configs were well out of date (I'm still on Open ATV 6.4 and haven't updated my h9T for donkeys!) so decided to try this plugin.

It downloaded the configs no problem but what I noticed was that the server names had spaces where previously they had underscores and they would simply time out.

As soon as I bulk renamed the file names to replace any spaces with underscores they all started to work.

I've no idea if this makes any difference or might help someone else but that's my tuppence worth.

Thanks again dsayers for the original scrip, Grog for the plugin and anyone else who has contributed. Excellent work as usual.
let dsayers know also information may help but it could be because openvpn config files have changed and they may work on later version of open atv rather than one that is EOL
but now grog68 knows he can hopfully adapt his plugin to suit .
(y)

Last edited:
Back