VPN Conf Importer

No one said you were thick but we were all thinking it very loudly 😂
crazy-laughing.gif

I was wondering if there is a way to install vpn conf importer on barebones openatv 7.2 as it isnt in the feeds, vpn manager is there, but I cant find a way to use my own vpn on it, I can use a free vpn on it, which works but is very slow for downloading.

I was wondering if there is a way to install vpn conf importer on barebones openatv 7.2 as it isnt in the feeds, vpn manager is there, but I cant find a way to use my own vpn on it, I can use a free vpn on it, which works but is very slow for downloading.
You should be able to download from the link in post one, copy it to your box hdd and manually install via the blue button -> Software manager (I think it is). The plpugin was updated to work on py3 but I've not tried it for a long time so can't guarentee it.

Unless your vpn provider is listed in vpn config importer then answer is no. But not the end of the world depending on vpn supplier just search to see if their own openvpn confige files are available.

Yes, surfshark, I have conf importer on 6.4, but on bare openatv, cant get it on, and cant use my name and password on the vpn manager on 7.2, gonna tamper about again with it tomorrow, try as grog suggested earlier.

Yes, surfshark, I have conf importer on 6.4, but on bare openatv, cant get it on, and cant use my name and password on the vpn manager on 7.2, gonna tamper about again with it tomorrow, try as grog suggested earlier.
if this is multiboot system I do not know why you even need config importer the openvpn files should be on hard drive and you just need to install vpn manager from plugins . or if only using surfshark then install surfshark vpn from plugins it downloads the config files itself.
Also for surfshark you need to login to your surfshark account online and go to manual settings an use generated password that is there not your normal username and password

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
if this is multiboot system I do not know why you even need config importer the openvpn files should be on hard drive and you just need to install vpn manager from plugins . or if only using surfshark then install surfshark vpn from plugins it downloads the config files itself.
Also for surfshark you need to login to your surfshark account online and go to manual settings an use generated password that is there not your normal username and password
Thanks urie, you were spot on with this, after installation I was able to get my surfshark username and password on and then get the E2Iplayer back working on openatv 7.2.

Hi, Should the plugin be ok with OpenVix 6.4 (current) ? Python 3.11.2.

I've installed VPN Config Importer from the Google Drive link on the first page of this thread but each time I select it from Menu > Plugins > VPN VPN Conf Importer I get a screenful of error messages and the box restarts.

I've added a vpn.txt file into /tmp (simply a two-line file with my NordVPN email address on the first line and password on the second?) I Have the VPN Manager plugin installed but haven't done anything with it yet as I'm trying to import my config. Screenshot at crash log attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2023-08-12-19-01-07-562.jpg
    2023-08-12-19-01-07-562.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi, Should the plugin be ok with OpenVix 6.4 (current) ? Python 3.11.2.

I've installed VPN Config Importer from the Google Drive link on the first page of this thread but each time I select it from Menu > Plugins > VPN VPN Conf Importer I get a screenful of error messages and the box restarts.

I've added a vpn.txt file into /tmp (simply a two-line file with my NordVPN email address on the first line and password on the second?) I Have the VPN Manager plugin installed but haven't done anything with it yet as I'm trying to import my config.

Thanks
I've not looked at it for long time but should run, did it install the openvpn and vpnmanager plugins? if not, install them and then restart the box and try again

I didn't notice it install openvpn but I manually installed vpn manager myself (tbh I didn't realise VPN Conf Importer was going do install those for me. ;-) ). I just ssh'd to the box and confirmed OpenVPN appears to be there @version 2.6.3

I didn't notice it install openvpn but I manually installed vpn manager myself (tbh I didn't realise VPN Conf Importer was going do install those for me. ;-) ). I just ssh'd to the box and confirmed OpenVPN appears to be there @version 2.6.3
I could never get it to work on openvix 6.2 or 6.4, works ok on grogbuild on openatv though.
In that case, give @dsayers2014 script a go

I'm not sure what it's supposed to do as I don't see expiry date on VPN manager unless it was in earlier releases.

In VPN conf importer plugin.py

Code:
if getImageDistro() in ("openbh", "openvix"):
    config.vpnmanager.date = ConfigText(default="Expiry Date", fixed_size=False)

Back