VPN provider recommendations please

Said before Nord would absolutely kill my speeds. PIA or Surf shark are good. But Express is the daddy for me.

Another nod to Express. the others come in cheaper but none of the mainstream ones touch it imo!

Reactions: apl
Express is good if your budget allows it. Surfshark has treated me very well without being super expensive and has a built in ad blocker for fire stick. A lot of people really seem to like Mullvad too, but I haven't used it.

Reactions: apl
Just a generic FYI. Most of the VPNs I have seen listed in these forums log usage. If you’re just using it to bypass ISP throttling it’s not a prob, but if you actually want 100% privacy with no logs you’re not getting it with the most popular VPNs mentioned.

I don’t want to list recommendations as that’ll make it sound like I have an interest in promoting them. Just a heads-up to do some research before you choose a VPN provider.

I'm sure the use of free vpn's might be iffy but not paid ones . I have used PIA for years for downloading etc and no issues also have friends that use Nord and no issues and they all state no logs. I know PIA abide by a strict, independently audited no Logs policy that was proven in court.

And you know this how?

Probably the same way you get your information. Reading and learning.

You can’t trust VPN providers claiming they don’t keep logs. It’s been shown time and time again that they are not truthful. What you have to look for is independent audits or research. There are some good comparison charts, but don’t get them from the big sites like Forbes etc. Most of them are sponsored articles paid by the VPN providers. Instead look for Google sheets etc.

For example, a popular VPN provider is PIA. Before they were acquired by former malware distributor Kape they were ok. Now I wouldn’t trust them more than a free VPN provider.

As a guideline you also shouldn’t use a VPN provider located in a country part of the Five Eyes intelligence sharing agreement. So don’t use a VPN provider based in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

There’s so much to VPN services and what to look for to list and I’m not going to debate who’s the best. I’m just trying to provide some useful information. People can do what they want.

To make it easier for someone, I’ll mention one of the safest VPN providers I would trust. Admin can remove it if it’s seen as marketing. It’s Swedish based Mullvad. But they are not cheap.

Anyway, there’s a lot more to online privacy. DNA leaks, browser type etc.

every single vpn sells your data.
they all frauds. only one you can trust IS the people behind pirateBay. they been to jail for us and they will go again if they have to:
MullvadVPN.

every single vpn sells your data.
they all frauds. only one you can trust IS the people behind pirateBay. they been to jail for us and they will go again if they have to:
MullvadVPN.
And what about the people who upload or download from torrent sites not just pirate bay do you trust every file you download they could be selling your data.

Back