vpn router setup help please.

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I agree. Also I had that Travel router and had real poor speeds hard wired using a VPN when I tried one. I would have bought a dedicated android box or a proper Router.
I remember a couple of years ago I bought a magbox for some silly reason at the time I was getting around 60 meg download attached spider VPN lucky to get 5 meg

sut

the thing is i like the apps on the tv thats why i didnt go with a box or firestick. i want less things on my tv stands so enjoy the eas of the apps. i just speak to my remote and the app plays its so easy and clean

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
the reason i brought the vpn router was the iptv provider suggested this would be a good way to go. knowing nothing about it i followed the suggestion as they know far more than i do.
so following you last sentence download the config files you linked me to ealier install thgem on the travel router, would i still then need a vpn ? or does the config files work in place of vpn ?
Your VPN supplier will give you a set of config files. They are normally in the download section when you sign up with a VPN supplier

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
the reason i brought the vpn router was the iptv provider suggested this would be a good way to go. knowing nothing about it i followed the suggestion as they know far more than i do.
so following you last sentence download the config files you linked me to ealier install thgem on the travel router, would i still then need a vpn ? or does the config files work in place of vpn ?
Your VPN supplier will give you a set of config files. They are normally in the download section when you sign up with a VPN supplier

sut

if i get terrible speeds i will then look to getting a better router.
thing is with the IPTV being so bad at the minute with the buffering and blocks when footy is on i dont want to spend a forture on new routers and that to find no real improvment

TheSource

TK Veteran

The config files are the VPN. It's just how you have to load it on the box you bought. I understand how you didn't want to buy any additional device. However, if you got a box and hard wired it to your router and installed the VPN directly on it I feel you would have had more success. The box you bought once a VPN is loaded on it and then your trying to view IPTV at peak times I think it will take a real hit. A dedicated box would have been better or a complete new Router.

Anyway see how you get on.

sut

ok thank you guys. you have been a great help
if i sturggle with the setup ill let you know and if my speeds drop then ill look at a new router.

can you guys recommend a good 1 with easy setup and not to expensive ? again i know nothing about any of these

TheSource

TK Veteran
I've just Googled your TV. It's quite high spec. And it's running some form of Android TV. You sure you can't download a VPN on it?

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I've just Googled your TV. It's quite high spec. And it's running some form of Android TV. You sure you can't download a VPN on it?
I don't think any smart tv could handle a VPN and IPTV at the same time. VPNs are very processor hungry specaily Nord

TheSource

TK Veteran
I don't think any smart tv could handle a VPN and IPTV at the same time. VPNs are very processor hungry specaily Nord
Newer TV's especially the Samsung range come with a 'Quantum Processor'. Aslong as the VPN is optimised I can see most smart TV's running a VPN nowadays mate.

sut

what dedicated box ? i have no idea what is a good box ? also can i have 2 suppliers running on 1 box or would i need a box for each supplier