vpn router setup help please.

I agree. Also I had that Travel router and had real poor speeds hard wired using a VPN when I tried one. I would have bought a dedicated android box or a proper Router.
I remember a couple of years ago I bought a magbox for some silly reason at the time I was getting around 60 meg download attached spider VPN lucky to get 5 meg

the thing is i like the apps on the tv thats why i didnt go with a box or firestick. i want less things on my tv stands so enjoy the eas of the apps. i just speak to my remote and the app plays its so easy and clean

the reason i brought the vpn router was the iptv provider suggested this would be a good way to go. knowing nothing about it i followed the suggestion as they know far more than i do.
so following you last sentence download the config files you linked me to ealier install thgem on the travel router, would i still then need a vpn ? or does the config files work in place of vpn ?
Your VPN supplier will give you a set of config files. They are normally in the download section when you sign up with a VPN supplier

the reason i brought the vpn router was the iptv provider suggested this would be a good way to go. knowing nothing about it i followed the suggestion as they know far more than i do.
so following you last sentence download the config files you linked me to ealier install thgem on the travel router, would i still then need a vpn ? or does the config files work in place of vpn ?
Your VPN supplier will give you a set of config files. They are normally in the download section when you sign up with a VPN supplier

if i get terrible speeds i will then look to getting a better router.
thing is with the IPTV being so bad at the minute with the buffering and blocks when footy is on i dont want to spend a forture on new routers and that to find no real improvment

The config files are the VPN. It's just how you have to load it on the box you bought. I understand how you didn't want to buy any additional device. However, if you got a box and hard wired it to your router and installed the VPN directly on it I feel you would have had more success. The box you bought once a VPN is loaded on it and then your trying to view IPTV at peak times I think it will take a real hit. A dedicated box would have been better or a complete new Router.

Anyway see how you get on.

ok thank you guys. you have been a great help
if i sturggle with the setup ill let you know and if my speeds drop then ill look at a new router.

can you guys recommend a good 1 with easy setup and not to expensive ? again i know nothing about any of these

I've just Googled your TV. It's quite high spec. And it's running some form of Android TV. You sure you can't download a VPN on it?

I've just Googled your TV. It's quite high spec. And it's running some form of Android TV. You sure you can't download a VPN on it?
I don't think any smart tv could handle a VPN and IPTV at the same time. VPNs are very processor hungry specaily Nord

I don't think any smart tv could handle a VPN and IPTV at the same time. VPNs are very processor hungry specaily Nord
Newer TV's especially the Samsung range come with a 'Quantum Processor'. Aslong as the VPN is optimised I can see most smart TV's running a VPN nowadays mate.

what dedicated box ? i have no idea what is a good box ? also can i have 2 suppliers running on 1 box or would i need a box for each supplier

Back