vpn router setup help please.

sut

hi guys.

i am looking for some help please.
i have just brought " GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) Wireless Mini Portable VPN Travel Router " and i have been told to buy a sub for a vpn like nord or express.

i have connected the vpn router to my virgin router via ethernet and i have then connected my tv to the vpn router again via ethernet as all my services run through my tv on itv apps. i assume this is correct from what i understand but please feel free to correct me if im wrong.

my problem is i have no idea what so ever how to install or setup a vpn on this router, can someone pleas point me in the direction of a step by step guide or give me some advice please.

thank you
sut

thank you.
i think its gonna be an interesting evening for me lol

didnt realise this was all gonna be so complicated

thank you.
i think its gonna be an interesting evening for me lol

didnt realise this was all gonna be so complicated
Haha it's not mate. Once you've got the configuration files you can just load them on your box and you are good to go. Alternatively just install the VPN on your device?

Oh OK so I can do 1or the other.
I thought I had to install the configuration files and then the vpn.

So whats easier the conf files or the vpn or what works better ?

my total setup is. virgin media 100 meg line. samsung q9 samrt tv. set iptv, and duplex iptv both running off the samsung smart tv. i have 2 as i have a back up.
the router is GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) Wireless Mini Portable VPN Travel Router and i have that connected to my virgin router via etherent and the tv will be connected via ethernet to the vpn router.
Cool, I see what your trying to do. Might have been better getting a proper alternative router. I guess you can't install the VPN on your Smart TV that's why your using a travel router setup now. You've got 3 options. Go ahead and install the configs on the travel router you have and see how you get on. Buy a replacement router with more capabilities instead of the superhub or buy a device that you can load both your IPTV and your VPN on. You've already got something now may aswell attempt to get the config vpn files on it and see how you go.

I am not convinced this is the best way to go. I would of bought a android box . The hardware side is setup correct. You just need to setup the VPN on the travel router.

the easiest way to test is download a speed test app once finished the speed test aslong as virgin is not showing as your ISP you are set up correctly

I am not convinced this is the best way to go. I would of bought a android box . The hardware side is setup correct. You just need to setup the VPN on the travel router.

the easiest way to test is download a speed test app once finished the speed test along as virgin is not showing as your ISP you are set up correctly
I agree. Also I had that Travel router and had real poor speeds hard wired using a VPN when I tried one. I would have bought a dedicated android box or a proper Router.

Cool, I see what your trying to do. Might have been better getting a proper alternative router. I guess you can't install the VPN on your Smart TV that's why your using a travel router setup now. You've got 3 options. Go ahead and install the configs on the travel router you have and see how you get on. Buy a replacement router with more capabilities instead of the superhub or buy a device that you can load both your IPTV and your VPN on. You've already got something now may aswell attempt to get the config vpn files on it and see how you go.
the reason i brought the vpn router was the iptv provider suggested this would be a good way to go. knowing nothing about it i followed the suggestion as they know far more than i do.
so following you last sentence download the config files you linked me to ealier install thgem on the travel router, would i still then need a vpn ? or does the config files work in place of vpn ?

Back