VPN Router

XC60

Hi everyone
Have decided to try a VPN router with Nord vpn. Have 2 Laptops, 2 Zgemma Boxes and a Smart tele though not all on a the same time.
Will I have to alter anything on my 2 boxes (other than ip address) to be able to get items from e2iplayer working?
ps. Great site, helped no end with set ups etc.

Hi everyone
Have decided to try a VPN router with Nord vpn. Have 2 Laptops, 2 Zgemma Boxes and a Smart tele though not all on a the same time.
Will I have to alter anything on my 2 boxes (other than ip address) to be able to get items from e2iplayer working?
ps. Great site, helped no end with set ups etc.
Just plug the vpn router into your existing router and plug zgemma boxes into vpn router. What download speed are you getting as a vpn will slow your download speeds. E2iplayer is not worth using these days get a firestick and use the apps like Cinema HD for free streams

Best VPN routers are stand alone routers such as the asus RT-AC86U and upward different level than those cheap plugin things that max out at around 16-18mb. The AC86U is capable of maxing a 100mb box out over VPN.

Once you have added a VPN account to the router you dont need to do anything on the Box.

Best VPN routers are stand alone routers such as the asus RT-AC86U and upward different level than those cheap plugin things that max out at around 16-18mb. The AC86U is capable of maxing a 100mb box out over VPN.

Once you have added a VPN account to the router you dont need to do anything on the Box.
Not everyone is technical see Fez which is why they buy a pre configured one.

Have bought Asus RT-AC86U and getting Nordvpn on offer cheap for 2 years through '£co'.
All not set up yet but looked at Asus firmware and is it better to flash Merlin or leave as is? What kind of benefit will I get with Merlin

Have bought Asus RT-AC86U and getting Nordvpn on offer cheap for 2 years through '£co'.
All not set up yet but looked at Asus firmware and is it better to flash Merlin or leave as is? What kind of benefit will I get with Merlin
Good lad take no notice of topchippyles moshi.

I would flash Merlin yes it gives you more control over the VPN for instance you can run any dodgy boxes through the VPN while leaving things that are not doing owt dodgy through your ISP.

Most people buy the Asus to load Merlin on.

I also agree with @Ferret. this was exactly the first thing (well apart from plug them in that is :smiley:) I done with my Asus Routers when I got them, updated the Firmware with ASUSWRT-Merlin, never looked back (y)

I also agree with @Ferret. this was exactly the first thing (well apart from plug them in that is :smiley:) I done with my Asus Routers when I got them, updated the Firmware with ASUSWRT-Merlin, never looked back (y)
Same here, my linksys is about 450 from the vpn store and i paid 120 for mine and flashed it with DD-WRT... never looked back

Hi Guys.I just bought a asus RT-AC86U router.I have it set up and running, but I can't connect my 2 zgemma's to it or my smart tv?Im trying to hardwire and it does not show up on the router.Can anyone tell how to fix please.Thanks.

Hi Guys.I just bought a asus RT-AC86U router.I have it set up and running, but I can't connect my 2 zgemma's to it or my smart tv?Im trying to hardwire and it does not show up on the router.Can anyone tell how to fix please.Thanks.
Who supplies your Internet? The reason I ask is that have an Asus router or two and have everything connected, I am with Virgin

If it is connected via ethernet cable the router web page should show it after a reboot.

If not you might have a duff ethernet cable

This is how I have it set up:
Virgin Router placed in Modem Mode (Do this online via VM router webpage)
Ethernet from VM router to Asus Router, and every other Ethernet cable just plugs into your Asus Router

As @Ferret. says try re-booting your router(s) to see if it picks it up

Im with virgin Ireland Hub 3.Its on modem mode only.I assumed when I connected the gemma's that it would show on the asusonline page.Not connected at the moment but I will try reboot when I connect them again.Thans for reply

Im with virgin Ireland Hub 3.Its on modem mode only.I assumed when I connected the gemma's that it would show on the asusonline page.Not connected at the moment but I will try reboot when I connect them again.Thans for reply
Reboot VM Router 1st, then a second or two later reboot the ASUS

Isn't it great when someone asking for help and advice comes back to you and lets you know how they got on?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

If not connecting via ethanet I would try connecting a phone or tablet to the ASU’s router to see if it has WiFi as that will help diagnose whether it’s a router or isp problem.
Do you have to enter any credentials into the ASU’s router for it to work on vm like you do with other 3rd party routers if wanting to use your own.
Also does the ASU’s router have the latest firmware on it

Sorry guys.Just Back and set up router and and rebooted as suggested.Hey Presto.Showing 3 connections. Mac,Amazon Fire Stick ( wifi ) and 2 Zgemmas.Just needed to reboot.I want to thank all who gave me advice and help.I am really grateful for your help.Thanks again.

Sorry guys.Just Back and set up router and and rebooted as suggested.Hey Presto.Showing 3 connections. Mac,Amazon Fire Stick ( wifi ) and 2 Zgemmas.Just needed to reboot.I want to thank all who gave me advice and help.I am really grateful for your help.Thanks again.
Many thanks @kieran57 glad you are all set up and running, happy streaming or whatever (y)

Back