Vu Solo 2 Image upgrade?

Thanks to all for their input and help.
I've installed ATV 6.4 with link from Willo.

Couple of things if i may?

1 I can install MEDIA PORTAL , but doesnt appear to be connected to any websites. I noticed on VIX that the Plugin had disappeared.
Am i correct in thinking Media Portal is no longer available/supported?
2 There appears to be a lot of SKINS available. Is there 1 that is similar to a SLY skin. Hopefully saves me some time.

3 when pressing TV (bottom left) on remote, the display shows ALL CHANNELS , this contains all my Freesat selection
Then there is a whole list of foreign sat sites that have no relevance to me, Finally all sections of my IPTV are listed.
Can i remove the non-relevant sat sites?

im sure i will have other questions, but ill ask about them as they occur in different threads.

Thanks

Thanks to all for their input and help.
I've installed ATV 6.4 with link from Willo.

Couple of things if i may?

1 I can install MEDIA PORTAL , but doesnt appear to be connected to any websites. I noticed on VIX that the Plugin had disappeared.
Am i correct in thinking Media Portal is no longer available/supported?
2 There appears to be a lot of SKINS available. Is there 1 that is similar to a SLY skin. Hopefully saves me some time.

3 when pressing TV (bottom left) on remote, the display shows ALL CHANNELS , this contains all my Freesat selection
Then there is a whole list of foreign sat sites that have no relevance to me, Finally all sections of my IPTV are listed.
Can i remove the non-relevant sat sites?

im sure i will have other questions, but ill ask about them as they occur in different threads.

Thanks
Never used or heard of media portal unfortunately.
When you scan for Freesat channels, have you stipulated your region, EG E Midlands, N Yorkshire etc?

If you want a sky skin I'm not sure they're available on plain openatv, you may need Grogbuild

Never used or heard of media portal unfortunately.
When you scan for Freesat channels, have you stipulated your region, EG E Midlands, N Yorkshire etc?

If you want a sky skin I'm not sure they're available on plain openatv, you may need Grogbuild
Yes i have BBC Wales

Grogbuild, another new name tom lol

Yes i have BBC Wales

Grogbuild, another new name tom lol
How are you scanning for channels?
Might be easier to use autobouquetsmaker.

Grogbuild runs on openatv, thought it had been mentioned before but I may have been thinking of a different thread

How are you scanning for channels?
Might be easier to use autobouquetsmaker.

Grogbuild has been mentioned at least six times in this thread before today
I have all the channels i need. i would like to get rid of all the list of foreighn sat sites that i cant and dont need to access

There are quite a few skins in the PLUGINS . i'll trial and error

Skin:
Install Kiddac-1080-slyk-q

Channel list:
Those bouquets you are seeing are the default ones that ATV allows you to install. As you didn't decline, they were installed. Uninstall/remove the defaultsat under plugins/settings *#
Then issue following command: Paste to avoid errors. Do not carry this out unless you are confident of doing it correctly.
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

*#You could unistall it by command line but I forgot the package name

You will have to run ABM again to re-create your channels/bouquets

Skin:
Install Kiddac-1080-slyk-q

Channel list:
Those bouquets you are seeing are the default ones that ATV allows you to install. As you didn't decline, they were installed. Uninstall/remove the defaultsat under plugins/settings *#
Then issue following command: Paste to avoid errors. Do not carry this out unless you are confident of doing it correctly.
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

*#You could unistall it by command line but I forgot the package name

You will have to run ABM again to re-create your channels/bouquets
Thanks for this Abu Baniaz

must admit as this is the first time ive installed ATV i didnt notice the question.
If necessary i will reload 6.2 from scratch and look out for the prompts.

Also thanks for skin suggestion. I'll try that next.

Out of interest , how would i install any of the Enigma PLUGINS listed in the DOWNLOAD section. On VIX the plugins i wanted were already available from accessing EXTENSIONS and downloading them

cheers

Thanks for this Abu Baniaz

must admit as this is the first time ive installed ATV i didnt notice the question.
If necessary i will reload 6.2 from scratch and look out for the prompts.

Also thanks for skin suggestion. I'll try that next.

Out of interest , how would i install any of the Enigma PLUGINS listed in the DOWNLOAD section. On VIX the plugins i wanted were already available from accessing EXTENSIONS and downloading them

cheers
On ATV press green for plugins.
Then press green again for a list of downloadable plugins

Some images pre-install the plugins items they want. This is why you saw them without having to install them yourself. EPG importer is one example. OpenATV only recently added ABM to pre-installed list.

Edit: Try following list using Putty/Telnet/SSH/Openwebif console

opkg update
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-ntfs-3g
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
opkg install enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-xmlupdate
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgrefresh
wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-trunk

You install the same way on all images.
Menu > Plugins > Green (download) > Select the category you want > Select the plugin/item you want > OK to confirm.

Last edited:
Some images pre-install the plugins items they want. This is why you saw them without having to install them yourself. EPG importer is one example. OpenATV only recently added ABM to re-installed list.

You install the same way on all images.
Menu > Plugins > Green (download) > Select the category you want > Select the plugin/item you want > OK to confirm.
In the DOWNLOAD section of TK are a couple of Adult plugins. How do i download into Vu. I can download into pc and extract with RAR. similar to getting a new image. But im not sure what to do next with just a plugin on a stick?

Installing an ipk downloaded from forum/website:

Using a USB stick.
While no menus are showing on screen from receiver, insert the USB stick. You will get a prompt to install an ipk

Using Telnet/SSH

Most images now require a password to allow for FTP.
If you have not set one up, you can do so using the remote:
Menu > Setup > Network > Password > Choose your password > Green (Save)

Unzip/extract rar file so you have the ipk
Transfer the ipk to receiver /tmp directory using FTP such as Filezilla. Or using your My computer if receiver is on network
Issue following command to install ipk using your preferred method. for example, Putty, telnet client in openwebif, telnet console in windows

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

Installing an ipk downloaded from forum/website:

Using a USB stick.
While no menus are showing on screen from receiver, insert the USB stick. You will get a prompt to install an ipk

Using Telnet/SSH

Most images now require a password to allow for FTP.
If you have not set one up, you can do so using the remote:
Menu > Setup > Network > Password > Choose your password > Green (Save)

Unzip/extract rar file so you have the ipk
Transfer the ipk to receiver /tmp directory using FTP such as Filezilla. Or using your My computer if receiver is on network
Issue following command to install ipk using your preferred method. for example, Putty, telnet client in openwebif, telnet console in windows

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
That is most helpful. I'll try this this evening.

Might help if we knew what putty was installing to determine why the bouquets appears empty.

OpenATV image if you decided to go that way and yes via usb.

DOWNLOAD
Hello

Many thanks for the download which i have been trying.
Quite honestly i am rather disappointed with its performance.

The picture quality is quite bland, very little sharpness or contrast

The sound levels are quite quiet compared with Freesat settings of TV and certainly a lot quieter than when i had Openvix installed

Is it me ? or do i have to enable other bits and piecces within 6.4?

thanks

Hello

Many thanks for the download which i have been trying.
Quite honestly i am rather disappointed with its performance.

The picture quality is quite bland, very little sharpness or contrast

The sound levels are quite quiet compared with Freesat settings of TV and certainly a lot quieter than when i had Openvix installed

Is it me ? or do i have to enable other bits and piecces within 6.4?

thanks
I think most of what you have issues with are hardware related. Tweek your TV's settings on the HDMI port to compensate.

Or return to Vix if that was the better image for you.

hi that makes sense as Im controlling tv volume. Therefore that is easily manageable.
However I am disappointed with picture quality
If i install Vix 6. ... the picture is excellant, BUT i cant use my preferred IPTV Plugin.

Set the volume to 100% on box, then you wont have to alter it again. . The picture is generated by the drivers, not image. The options you select will obviously affect the picture you see. Maybe you select automatic mode detetcion during setup, vix does not have that. try adjusting the other video settings.

Ask the plugin creator if he has a python 3 compatible version. Twol has asked if you have the ipk and he will see if he can update it for you. If you install it by a script, send him a PM.

Back