Vu uno 4k se or zgemma h7c ?

The cable version of the Vu+ has an FBC tuner which would effectively give you 8 cable tuners.
The cable version seems to have gone from the other site though :unsure:
The H7C has 2 cable tuners and a sat tuner.
The Zgemma H7 series are the best box for the price imo but it depends what you want in the way of tuners.

I have the VU+ Uno 4k (not the se) and love it, but I got mine before the H7C was released and would have been quite happy with the H7C had it been available.

The advantage of the VU+ is the number of tuners but only if you do a lot of recording, ie my wife records all of the soaps as she is at work when they are on, as the recordings overlap by I couple of minutes I can still watch something else without worrying about not having enough tuners to the recordings. BUT you are paying twice as much for this so you need to consider if it's worth it.

Also it's worth noting the types of tuners you have,the H7C has DVB-C/T2 tuners so if cable dies you can still use the box as a terestrial PVR, with the VU+ it has DVB-C tuners, so if cable dies it's no use to no one unless you change the turner for a DVB-S ot DVB T2.

Just plug into a spare usb slot or into a usb psu plugged into a mains socket.
The little transmitter points at the IR receiver on the box and the larger receiver is what you point the remote at.

In my opinion the H7 is the best box you can get for the price and is better than many more expensive boxes.
They are basically the same spec as the Mutant HD51 with an extra tuner.

That's brilliant say a bought the h7c is there any way of using a different remote with it like the vu remote it seems a bit better ? Sorry for loads of wee questions .

@Willo3092

Cheers .

all channels apart from Sky Sports channels, although SS Football, SS News and SS Mix are still available

no main event is NOT working, the only three sky sports channels working on cable are the three I mentioned above

I would probably go for the h7c if I was looking now, purely because of the price it makes it better value for money

Back