Vu Zero

Hi
I bought recently a Vu + Box but i am struggling to set it up.
Does anyone have a tutorial or a video which can share with me.

Thanks

What are you intending to do with it?
iptv?
sat?
cable?
Thanks for you reply. It sounds silly but not sure of the difference. I used to watch tv with an openbox and decided to upgrade to Vu zero. I’m not sure if it helps. I’m using a cline as well...

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for you reply. It sounds silly but not sure of the difference. I used to watch tv with an openbox and decided to upgrade to Vu zero. I’m not sure if it helps. I’m using a cline as well...

Thanks

openbox is satellite?
so we know you've got a sat dish...do you have a live VM feed into the house?
on VM you still get sky movies and sky sports, on satellite you don't

openbox is satellite?
so we know you've got a sat dish...do you have a live VM feed into the house?
on VM you still get sky movies and sky sports, on satellite you don't
Yes I have satélite dish. I was checking in YouTube but is not very clear. I have the black hole image flushed but there are more files to be installed(enigma2 and cccam 2.3.0) which I’m not sure where to place it and in which order if they are an order... sorry for my lack of knowledge...

Thanks

Do you use Virgin Media(VM) for either your phone/broadband or TV? If we know this we can give you the full range of things you could try

Black Hole is not particularly newbie friendly in my experience. I would do a bit of research and flash either ATV or ViX.
Make sure you have a copy of your cline before you flash.

There may be a Wooshbuild image for that box. That's what I would go for in your situation.

Do you use Virgin Media(VM) for either your phone/broadband or TV? If we know this we can give you the full range of things you could try
Yes. I use Virgin Media. The problem I had setup it once last year watching a YouTube video but the video is no longer available and now I’m struggling to put the files in the right place...

Flash the box with the latest Openvix image, there are flashing guides on there.

Then follow the guide I linked in Post #3. (Click on the green letters)

Is it a VU+ Zero as mentioned in the title ?

Zero-3-500x500.jpg

or another model ?

Look at the back of the box, you will have a screw fitting with LNB in on it, this means it's a sat box.

If it is a different model you may also have a push fitting for an ariel aswell and you may be able to run cable.

t2c-dual-tuner-500x500-500x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash the box with the latest Openvix image, there are flashing guides on there.

Then follow the guide I linked in Post #3. (Click on the green letters)

Is it a VU+ Zero as mentioned in the title ?

View attachment 33266

or another model ?

Look at the back of the box, you will have a screw fitting with LNB in on it, this means it's a sat box.

If it is a different model you may also have a push fitting for an ariel aswell and you may be able to run cable.

View attachment 33265

Hi Again

I managed to flash the image , I installed the ipk pack 2.3.0 and i installed the channel list through VUCC. I have got the channels epg and even the time zone but i have no picture.
Restarted the box but nothing changed.
I am missing something very small but not sure what?
Do you have the vuplus file to flash to double check if i used the correct one?

Thanks

Paulo

You haven't answered Bees asking if it is the Vu+ Zero box as the title states. If it is and it has the screw connector on the back it is a satellite box and WON'T get Virgin channels no matter what you try.

Paulo

You haven't answered Bees asking if it is the Vu+ Zero box as the title states. If it is and it has the screw connector on the back it is a satellite box and WON'T get Virgin channels no matter what you try.

Sorry i guess i missed it. Yes t is a Vu zero box. But like i said i managed to setup several months ago and didn't have any problems watching Portuguese Tv until i stupidly decided to do factory restore. Im not sure what you meant with Virgin Channels but i only use to watch Portuguese TV

Thanks

OK, so you use Virgin as your internet provider
You have a satellite dish which I presume is pointing across Europe somewhere for you to get Portuguese TV

Following Bees guide should get you up and running. I presume you have added your CCcam.cfg to the box so you can see the channels?

Yes thats right. I have placed the clines but still struggle. I decided to go though back hole instead of openvix. Does the rest of Bees thead can be used with Black Hole....

Personally I would go with what Willo said and go with Vix or OpenATV, blackhole isn't friendly. You will also get a lot more support if using one of those two.

OpenATV would be a case of flash OpenATV 6.1 (http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/vuzero/openatv-6.1-vuzero-20180518_usb.zip)
Install AutoBouquetsMaker and configure for your satellite (green button - green button - systemplugins - autobouquetsmaker)
Install EPG Importer and select the source for your EPG (green button - green button - EPG Importer)
Install CCcam 2.3.0 / 2
Copy your CCcam.cfg to the folder /usr/keys

On a whole that should be it.

Personally I would go with what Willo said and go with Vix or OpenATV, blackhole isn't friendly. You will also get a lot more support if using one of those two.

OpenATV would be a case of flash OpenATV 6.1 (http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/vuzero/openatv-6.1-vuzero-20180518_usb.zip)
Install AutoBouquetsMaker and configure for your satellite (green button - green button - systemplugins - autobouquetsmaker)
Install EPG Importer and select the source for your EPG (green button - green button - EPG Importer)
Install CCcam 2.3.0 / 2

Im going to do that...

Install CCcam 2.3.0 / 2

I have just flashed the image and installed the Autobouquetsmaker and conf the sateelite. how to install CCcam? is it the same method as through fillezilla?

Thanks

I have just flashed the image and installed the Autobouquetsmaker and conf the sateelite. how to install CCcam? is it the same method as through fillezilla?

Thanks
Hi
Can you explain the 2 steps please?

Install EPG Importer and select the source for your EPG (green button - green button - EPG Importer) i cant find it using green button - green button - EPG Importer as you mention.

Install CCcam 2.3.0 / 2 - how to do it?

Thanks

Back