vw golf sdi 2005 electric windows faulty

sinky077

iav got a vw golf sdi 2005...the promblem is both front windows wont go down any more i think the cable as snapped...ican get any 1 to fix it ..is there any body from merseyside ..he could fix it i will pay them ..been to 3 garges .the just couldnt be arsed with it

they don't use wires, they use a scissor type mechanism that pushes/pulls the window up/down.
The glass has probably come out of it

Vws audi and skoda pain in the arse for window regs,i would not go for those repair kits but would get the proper one assembled to install.
2 different types where you need to know if one model has a ring of torx bolts around the skin from hinges under lower side and behind rubber panel near outer handle.If this is the case its door skin removal for fitting reg.

Other model was a big sheet of metal which reg was mounted to behind stripped door panel with 10mm bolts.

Skoda octavia 12 reg we had in and it was held in place by big steel rivets needing big rivets and a gun for inserting them and a long job which we will refuse to do again.

God i hate window regulators they are so fiddly and time consuming ffs and as for the repair kits just hope and pray they are not the cheap chinese copies because they never line up properly.
And winding the wire around the motor spool is a task in itself without getting a kink in the wire lol.
Wherever possible just buy the pre assembled units its so much easier.

That would be an extreme option depending on price but make sure they are working etc.
Some cars are quiet easy but others are a pia to do and thats why garage will charge because its mainly labour intensive

Hi all Mechanics, I am a welding Expert by profession, I see that in this forum most of you are mechanics so I hope you all know about welding and can help me. I am so much confused because I am beginner in welding field. I want to buy a welder for beginner, but I don't know from where I should buy this product. Can any one have welding experience or can you tell me any source from where I can buy best welder for beginner?
Hello there i'm very much confused by your post ?? You introduce yourself as a welding expert by trade ?? Why do you require a source for a welder for beginners ?? This makes no sense what so ever or am i reading this wrong :unsure: :X3:

Back