Want to remove OpenPLi from Zgemma H2H

Tried that before. Just tried it again and all it does is boot up the OpenPLi that I am trying to get rid of. Aaagggghhhh !!#']!!

I've tried all sorts, but I'll try your idea tomorrow.. Thanks
Hello everyone, I've tried all those things (apart from the PuTTy thing, which I've not yet looked into properly). Nothing seems to work, it won't flash. I even wiped the usb completely, partitions and all, and loaded on unzipped file, but still doesn't flash. All is does is boot up OpenPLi (which I am trying to get rid of). I am thinking that it must be a usb issue, but I may be wrong. If anyone can offer any further advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

sell these at wilkos aswell or Argos mate!!!
I’ve used it on exactly the same box mate

Attachments

• C874DFCE-BF63-4A4E-AF04-4642C550B921.png
    C874DFCE-BF63-4A4E-AF04-4642C550B921.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Format your usb drive with bootice, instructions are included:

http://www.willobuild.xyz/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip

Download this and extract to PC desktop (should be a folder named zgemma):

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.2/zgemmah2h/openatv-6.2-zgemmah2h-20190221_usb.zip

Open the zgemma folder and then the h3 folder

Rename the noforce file to force

Copy the zgemma folder to your usb stick

Power off the box with white button on the back and remove your storage drive from the box

Insert the usb drive into the rear usb port with the box powered off

Power the box up with the white button on the back

The display will show FLSH after a couple of seconds and the flash will take a minute or 2

When the display changes to BOOT power off with the white button

Remove the drive used for flashing and plug your storage drive back in

Power on and boot ATV

Hi,
Just tried again using bootice etc, and, once again, red light and boot appears on box. It then proceeds to boot up OpenPLi. Surely it has to be a USB problem, as I seem to have tried everything else. Having said that, it is the same usb I used to load that effing OpenPLi that I am now trying to remove. I reckon I'll go and get a new flash drive. Am I correct that anything up to 8GB is ok?
Thanks again to everyone for their help

Last edited:
Hi, bought a new Sandisk 16GB flashdrive, went through the whole process yet again, and smae result again- it won't flash

have you followed willo's instructions ??

format it through windows to Fat32 file system
download zgemma firmware
Download this and extract to PC desktop

Copy the zgemma folder to your usb stick
Open the zgemma folder and then the h3 folder
Rename the noforce file to force

Back