Wayne Rooney..slap on wrist or make an example

Colleen has now said she's 'humiliated' by the fact he kissed the skank in the car he was caught drink driving in.
Yes Colleen, this is far less embarrassing than finding out he'd been pounding an eighty year old prostitute

I think we should cut his drinking arm off. If he has to use his other arm to drink he'll definitely drink less, given that he's not that adaptable.

Leave him alone hes an Everton player wasnt much talk when Firminio got caught drinking and driving. Yes ban of course and any other person caught but example come on he hasnt da brains he was born wit and footy is all he was gud at.

I have been away for 10 days and this came out during that time, I should have known better than to expect that the papers take up the drink driving side of things and how reckless and dangerous it is, rather than the fact his missus is pi$$ed off.
Whatevetr the ban and fine is in that part of the world should apply to him, but as someone above says, they should sentence him(should he be found guilty) to community service too in a rehab centre so he can see the damage that he could have caused.

Fair play to the TK community that more or less confined this thread to the rights and wrongs of drink driving rather than the bullsh1t that has been in the papers

WAYNE ROONEY HAS BEEN BANNED FROM DRIVING FOR 2 YEARS AFTER PLEADING GUILTY OF DRINK AND DRIVING AND BEEN ORDERED TO DO 100 HOURS OF COMMUNITY SERVICES

I read... hardly a punishment is it - he'll be chaffered everywhere and the community service hours will be incorporated into the charitable work he normally does no doubt. I read that the judge said he couldn't count his current charitable work towards it but they'll find a way.

The problem is that he cannot be singled out because he is a footballer, he has to get the punishment you or I would get, and to me he has.
I suspected his solicitor would put up a strong defence and he'd get away with a fine.

Yes but would he be made to walk the streets litter picking like you or I would? ... I don't think he would. They (his defence) would argue that because of who he is, this would endanger him etc. so any community service he does would have to be thought through.

His "Speciality" is football, so you can presume that he will do his service at this, however, I really thought he would get nothing, so a two year ban and 100 hours is quite a step up from there.

I know he can afford a driver, so from that perspective I know a two year ban would affect you or I a lot more than he. The law shouldn't differ between the two, and in this case it doesn't seem to have.

Reactions: ste
Except we can't afford a chauffeur all year round for 2 years or at least I can't, how about you wheelo? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Except we can't afford a chauffeur all year round for 2 years or at least I can't, how about you wheelo? :grin: :grin: :grin:
The judge said his charity work dosnt count they already tried playing that card about the work he already does @wheelo that 100 hours community service is over 12 months its about time they got same as us when it comes to prosecution

I did say that it would affect you or i a lot worse as he is a little richer than me. Ste

Baz his charity work rarely revolves around football. It is normally hospital visits, etc. he could start a soccer school in a deprived area

I did say that it would affect you or i a lot worse as he is a little richer than me. Ste

Baz his charity work rarely revolves around football. It is normally hospital visits, etc. he could start a soccer school in a deprived area
For older women or kids

Back