Wearing or not wearing a mask.

All you can do is be as vigilant as possible.
Although I don't smoke now, I did for about 40 years, heavily. Me lungs are probably as black as a blind cobbler's thumb so I'm not keen on getting this thing. Everytime I go out, I keep my hands away from my face, the second I arrive home I lock my front door, spray the internal door handle and keys with antibacterial aerosol and scrub my hands thoroughly.
I tend to go shopping very early, 8-9 AM.
I take my dog out daily and will cross the road if someone coming towards me on my side.
I pay for petrol at the pump.
I push open doors with my shoulder or pull them open with my hand inside my sleeve so as not to touch door handles, likewise those slide-top freezers.
I have a few cloths permantly soaking in a strong bleach solution which I use to give a quick wipe over on stuff I've brought into the house like plastic milk bottles, plastic trays of meat etc, no one knows who or how many people have picked it up in the hours or mins before I bought it. After shopping put away then wash hands and I'm fairly confident I'm clean but no one knowsfor certain

glad I'm not the only one who feels like that, I'm pure para, got copd, hands are raw with washing and bleaching everything, skins dry, but my partner works for nhs, has to come in, go straight into loo, to shower, change and put laundry in machine, in the meanwhile i'm washing handle on outside door both sides, bathroom door, then shes allowed in, wash any notes coins, car keys, even though she has wiped the steering wheel ect down before coming in, oh and the mobile phone, the list just goes on, but ,better safe than sorry

Got this passed on to me just now

This is a text from an NHS worker

As of tomorrow, do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!

As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.

* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.

* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. *

WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.

* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *

Got this passed on to me just now

This is a text from an NHS worker

As of tomorrow, do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!

As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.

* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.

* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. *

WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.

* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *
Will this be broadcast on the news

Shown it a paramedic driver who is on another group I'm on and just laughed

I have to say btw, whether the above is correct or not, I have two paramedics who stay round the corner, one of which broke down in tears regards what he has been through and sees on a daily basis. So my guess is only time will tell and it certainly is evident that the death toll goes up daily and its got to peak at some point

Will this be broadcast on the news

I wouldn't think so as it's apparently came from NHS employee and given the fact my wife is a midwife on the front line, she says the hospitals are gearing up for overload, hence the reason why sites are now being earmarked by the military for emergency hospitals. Exhibition centres etc are all judged to be the main ones in major cities across the UK. Again one thing is for sure, it has to peak so stay safe all and follow the guidelines to help our NHS

I have to say btw, whether the above is correct or not, I have two paramedics who stay round the corner, one of which broke down in tears regards what he has been through and sees on a daily basis. So my guess is only time will tell and it certainly is evident that the death toll goes up daily and its got to peak at some point
Completely agree mate 1,028 passed away in UK 935 in England Scotland 40 Wales 38 Ireland 15

eerie to think about how the deceased will be looked after, storage ect on such a vast scale, not just here ,but around the world, the majority of whom may not have family so no one knows about them, plus families cant attend and if allowed only 2 people can be there, and thats for any funeral now, virus or not, and the effect it has on all the nurses doctors carers,ambulance staff,undertakers who have had to deal with it on a daily basis , then they have to go home and be with family like its just another day at the office,wouldn't like to be in their head space, just mind blowing , makes you want to hold your loved ones that bit tighter, the world needs a mega mega hug

Wearing a mask is pointless if you have more than a days growth of beard.
Found that out on a health and safety course.

I wouldn't think so as it's apparently came from NHS employee and given the fact my wife is a midwife on the front line, she says the hospitals are gearing up for overload, hence the reason why sites are now being earmarked by the military for emergency hospitals. Exhibition centres etc are all judged to be the main ones in major cities across the UK. Again one thing is for sure, it has to peak so stay safe all and follow the guidelines to help our NHS

My mum works in icu and has been in the covid-19 one since it started.

The nhs is not geared up for it at all. I’m taking ppe from work to try and protect as she’s in contact with covid-19 patients every single day, seeing deaths daily. It’s disgusting what’s being reported and what’s actually happening.

None of them have even been tested on her unit which was supposed to be happening for the staff who are directly in contact with it.

I won’t even get started on that message.

My mum works in icu and has been in the covid-19 one since it started.

The nhs is not geared up for it at all. I’m taking ppe from work to try and protect as she’s in contact with covid-19 patients every single day, seeing deaths daily. It’s disgusting what’s being reported and what’s actually happening.

None of them have even been tested on her unit which was supposed to be happening for the staff who are directly in contact with it.

I won’t even get started on that message.

Yeah this is correct and I think this is about to change, the NHS are gearing for the "inevitable" which is overload and judging by what I see on the news many hospitals down south have reached this point, hence the reason for major sites being earmarked for massive field hospitals
Stay safe Dazza

Yeah this is correct and I think this is about to change, the NHS are gearing for the "inevitable" which is overload and judging by what I see on the news many hospitals down south have reached this point, hence the reason for major sites being earmarked for massive field hospitals
Stay safe Dazza

Cheers pal. I’m an essential worker but not anywhere near the extent of those on the front line which really concerns me.

Look after your wife in the hospital as well, it’s a breeding ground in them.

This is true and it's the not knowing which is the worry. My daughter has bad asthma and could cause her major issues if it's passed to her by her mother
This is why the tests need to start with your mum etc, it makes sense!
I also agree with you that the full picture is not being put out there, as stated in an earlier post the paramedic around the corner we know broke down to tears as he's basically broken.

This is true and it's the not knowing which is the worry. My daughter has bad asthma and could cause her major issues if it's passed to her by her mother
This is why the tests need to start with your mum etc, it makes sense!
I also agree with you that the full picture is not being put out there, as stated in an earlier post the paramedic around the corner we know broke down to tears as he's basically broken.

My mum is handing over to nurses daily who are in tears because they don’t want to go in.

It’s awful mate. The least they deserve is the right protection and tests available to them.

Yeah because ultimately they're the foot soldiers here working with makeshift ppe to make them feel protected. Big Bojo should take some of that 300 billion and look after our folks on the front line, like fooking now!
One thing is for sure my street will be clapping at 20.00hrs this Thursday again in support of the many brave people who are fighting this on a daily/hourly basis

Keyworkers and specifically NHS works need and deserve to be tested to see where they stand with the virus.

Government have failed big time here. With all the money they have stashed away you telling me they cant spend on tests in the 10,000 of thousands every day.

They expect these front line workers to go in to work and put their lives at risk when dealing with patients with the virus without proper PPE. Absolutely shambolic and the people in charge to be held accountable in a big bloody way!!!

Thank you very much pal. She’s a tough old girl thankfully. I just can’t see a scenario where she doesn’t catch it but she wants to fulfil her duties.

Its tough mate and really feel for ya.

Close family and friend work for NHS and are separate from their families every day, they are so stressed and emotional I cant even describe it. Feel like crying myself.

I really dont think Baffon Boris and rest of them in power truly understand what they frontline workers in NHS have to put up with in terms of the conditions working in and also mentally how they are dealing especially seeing death on a daily basis.

I have spoken to such NHS workers myself and they have said they have been abandoned by the government in this crisis and they can spin it however they like but they have truly royally fekked up.

Back