Well earned person v working class

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Just my thought on a few people showing off with luxuries

A well earned person maybe able to have an expensive house with a mortgage and a posh car aswel as go on 2+ holidays a year.

A working class person may rent a council house and buy a £300 car

The difference is the well earned person may have financial issues and loose there car and house essentially loosing everything because they have higher debts.

A working class person will be already living on a little so if they get into financial dept they may loose there car but likely keep the council house.

A working class person will know the struggles while a well off person won't.

I suppose my post is about not judging another person about there lifestyle as it could hit you in the face.

Those that maybe struggling don't let it get you down you will get back up and those above you have a lot more to loose.

A well earned person maybe able to have an expensive house with a mortgage and a posh car aswel as go on 2+ holidays a year.

The difference is the well earned person may have financial issues and loose there car and house essentially loosing everything because they have higher debts.

A working class person will be already living on a little so if they get into financial dept they may loose there car but likely keep the council house.

I suppose my post is about not judging another person about there lifestyle as it could hit you in the face.

Those that maybe struggling don't let it get you down you will get back up and those above you have a lot more to loose.
True what you say mate....... but the real values in life are your health, the quality of your family and friends and how you are perceived as a person by others.

Everything else is immaterial.

Cheers,
(The reverend Wilsock)

Cannot put a price on health, Finished work May 2020. Lockdown, + Long Covid, has played a big part towards my health issues.
Would trade the lot, to be fighting fit.

Cannot put a price on health, Finished work May 2020. Lockdown, + Long Covid, has played a big part towards my health issues.
Would trade the lot, to be fighting fit.
Hope your health improves soon mate, regular visitors to TK know you're one of the good guys(y), take care!

Thanks for the kind words.
Jury service, January 2021, i caught covid, still get tired I ache, learning to run again is both physically and mentally challenging.. but in time I will get there.

Anyone can go from rags to riches and vice versa but all can be gone in an instant but as I’ve always said money is the root to all evils.
Tbh I couldn’t give a shite if I’ve got 10k or 10p in my pocket just waking up and seeing my loved ones means more to me then money (apart from when there little shites).
But get what your saying dsayers and it’s true people who have a few quid behind them do tend to try show off but all I think is just cause you’ve got money behind you your no different to me you or anyone else.

I only got a £50 banger :coldsweat:
Must be a
Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey, Banger for that price.

What about the people who sacrifice decades working away, who put aside their lives to provide, a lifestyle for their future, and loved ones.

Rich and poor are different things to different people.
Someone living in a 1m house with seven figure bank balance might see himself as rich until he meets someone who lives in a 50m house and owns his own 10m yacht and has a private island in the Caribbean.
Someone who has £400 in the bank, lives in a council house and earns £300 a week would probably see himself as poor, but someone else who has nothing and lives on the street would view him as rich

Rich and poor are different things to different people.
Someone living in a 1m house with seven figure bank balance might see himself as rich until he meets someone who lives in a 50m house and owns his own 10m yacht and has a private island in the Caribbean.
Someone who has £400 in the bank, lives in a council house and earns £300 a week would probably see himself as poor, but someone else who has nothing and lives on the street would view him as rich
Which one bracket are you pabs ? You go fishing in the caribbean :love:

My old washing machine used to eat socks, so l have a carrier bag full of odd ones l was saving to burn and annoy the neighbors but you are welcome to them:LOL:

I view and always have money as trivial thing in this life and world we live in.

Sure its a neccesity in every day life to support family, pay debts etc.

But its the root of evil in some ways. Seen it with my own eyes what so much money can do to people. It destroys them.

Health is wealth as they say. If you have that then thats is the most important thing above anything else including money imo.

I was brought up on a council estate and lived for 20 years with my own family only drugs and thief's made us move.

As for money?, I've lived with and without it and believe you me, it's far far easier with it.
It's not about overspending it's about living within your means. When you have money it takes away the daily stress that comes with paying your rent, food, utility bills, keeping your car on the road the list is endless. With money your basically get rid of those sleepless nights when someone wants money the next day, I've been on both sides of the fence.

I've had a 65k a year job and a 15k a year and I can tell you this,

I slept far far better on 65k than 15k, far better. The key is to manage your money when you've got it not blow it on useless crap.

Back