Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do? On/Off

Franco45

Cheesehead
Just taking a quick survey: Do you shut down your P.C. at the end of the night or do you keep it on? And if you keep it on, how long do you keep it on until you give it a rest? :smoke:

7thsinger

VIP Member
Typically, my main desktop at home doesn't get shut off...unless the cat does it by accident.

If i'm going to be gone for a weekend, i'll shut if off though.

aldan

VIP Member
unless you have it doing something i see no point in leaving it on.i turn mine off after im done.

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
off at the end of every session for me franco.... save the universe and my pocket.LOL

anto1969

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I turn mine of every night franco :) see no reason for it been on if I'm not there using it lol

rtm27

VIP Member
My desktop stays on for months at a time, as I'm a heavy d/l and only shut it down for updates or to do a disk check once every 6 months.

hadmad

VIP Member
i leave mine on because in collage was taught when doing the a+ you are more likely to have a hard disc crash on start up and shut down than any other time

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
always turn mine off at the end of the day. Was told after my hard drive crashed a few years ago that it should not be left in standby and should always be turned off at the end of the day so it can do a checkpoint

axxxo

VIP Member
depends really, if im downloading its left on overnight as it gets good speeds other than that its off, off at the mains too people, dont forget that! :)

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
Mine stays on almost all the time, unless I have installed a new program or update. :)