WHAT'S THE BEST BOX 2018 PLEASE

ringo46

Hello everyone

Been years since I've posted. Haven't used a box with a 'gift' for few years now. Last time I had one is was a zgemma H2S . I imagine things have moved on and wondered if you'd all be kind enough to recommend a kick ass satellite box for use with a 'gift'. Zgemma I had was a bit slow, wondered if there's anything a lot better? Thanks in advance

Still movies and sports on virmin media in hd except main sly sports channels if your in a cabled area etc otherwise its either a motorised set up or iptv etc if you want sports and movies etc :(y):

What's the best box then to get as looks like racinguk works? I will be connecting through a dish

Last edited:
You are probably better off staying away from sat at the moment as they have
shut the main channels down so they can do the rest at any time.

Or just buy a monthly subscription and use your old box, it's not worth upgrading
when it's on the brink.

Get a cable box if you have virgin broadband or go the IPTV route, like most of the sat users.
Try a MAG box or a decent Android box like T95Z plus, something with about 3Gb ram.

You will need decent internet speed, approx 15Mb from my experience.

You can also tweek your Zgemma to run IPTV as well as a sat line, that means
you can take a sneaky peek without shelling out on a new box.

If you like it, upgrade.

Depends on budget but I have always used Vu+ boxes. You can pick up vu+ solo 2's for a fair price now and you can run your sat and IPTV. As bees said,try it on your Zgemma and if ok upgrade.

Depends on budget but I have always used Vu+ boxes. You can pick up vu+ solo 2's for a fair price now and you can run your sat and IPTV. As bees said,try it on your Zgemma and if ok upgrade.

Im new to the sat scene, Is it worth investing in a vu+ solo 2 seeing that sat ccam is on the way out or is it better to buy an android setup. Does the solo 2 work well with IPTV ?

Im new to the sat scene, Is it worth investing in a vu+ solo 2 seeing that sat ccam is on the way out or is it better to buy an android setup. Does the solo 2 work well with IPTV ?
loads of other satellites up there, 28.2e isn't the only sat available on CS

My main interest would be the full sly package, from what ive read its no longer available on sat line only IPTV...
IPTV will be my last resort, and only when all other alternatives become unavailable.
at this time, I dont see it as a viable alternative to satellite, picture quality or reliability is nowhere like that of satellite.

IPTV will be my last resort, and only when all other alternatives become unavailable.
at this time, I dont see it as a viable alternative to satellite, picture quality or reliability is nowhere like that of satellite.

What sly is still available via sat line?

Perfect. thanks mate. Is there an alternative setup to sly thats as good or better?
most of my viewing is on 19.2e, and occasionally on 13e
quite a few guys have motorised set-ups also, I just have a fixed dish on 13 , 19 & 28

If cable ever stops working, then i would be using multi sat for all my sport and movies, plenty of movie channels with english audio and theres always the iptv player plug in aswell for movies and tv shows, ok, most of the football would be in foreign commentary, but i would rather watch that than iptv.

If cable ever stops working, then i would be using multi sat for all my sport and movies, plenty of movie channels with english audio and theres always the iptv player plug in aswell for movies and tv shows, ok, most of the football would be in foreign commentary, but i would rather watch that than iptv.

Got ya, whats the hang up with IPTV...lag??

IPTV has improved big time this past year, but i still put cable and sat way ahead, even the sd channels on cable for me are better, but lots of people cant get cable or multi sat so iptv is their only option and thats fair enough, but the sports channels are 40 secs to a minute and a half behind, you can see on this site how many things can go wrong with iptv, dont get me wrong i have an iptv supplier and its not bad, i only use it mainly for football on RTE channels and GAA, if its blocked out on cable RTE, and celtic and rangers tv, nothing else really.

IPTV has improved big time this past year, but i still put cable and sat way ahead, even the sd channels on cable for me are better, but lots of people cant get cable or multi sat so iptv is their only option and thats fair enough, but the sports channels are 40 secs to a minute and a half behind, you can see on this site how many things can go wrong with iptv, dont get me wrong i have an iptv supplier and its not bad, i only use it mainly for football on RTE channels and GAA, if its blocked out on cable RTE, and celtic and rangers tv, nothing else really.

Interesting, thanks man! I assume your irish, whats your own setup...best for southern ireland?

Back