Whats the big deal about MAG BOX?

Fizzdog13

My mate has a Zegemma H2.s box and had sly and now gets IPTV through it. He has video on demand and sports and all of it. It has a basic EPG but its not great..

I'm just wondering what a MAG box can give me over the above? is it just a decent EPG or what?

Cheers

MAGs give you better EPG, Catch-up TV, VOD info with a lush interface that's super cool.

250's are fine, 254 faster and 256 faster still. Streaming is the same on all three, its just the menu system that quicker on the higher models (faster CPUs and more memory).

Ive recently bought one.And tbh i don.t think its worth the money. I have put a formatted hard drive in also. I can.t use timeshift ( pause ). Also cant record to hard drive..for some reason after approx 30 seconds the stream sttuters only in record mode.then when i go to my recordings only to find 30 seconds or less of a film. Also can.t delete recordings. It does have a gui,but nothing fancy that you cant live without. In a nutshell if your really into iptv which is in its embrionic stage,i would.nt shell out the cash.
laserguy100

Last edited:
How do you get catch up tv? Does it have to be supported by my iptv supplier?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes catch up has to be part of your subscription it's 7 day catch up with my sub any decent supplier will have some amount of catch up time on their sub if a mag box is set up correctly it should allow you to use time shift and pause I have set up many 254 and 256 and have not come across 1 yet that you cant use time shift/ pause and as for the 256 being buggy I have not come across any bugs the 254 has a firmware bug that the subtitles appear but can be easily rectified by rolling back the firmware or using app button on remote and as for recording it is because the server does not allow it or you have not got a multiroom sub if you want a family friendly device which is easy to set up and works perfectly the mag box is the way to go so what rubbish laserguy100 and sam14 are spouting is that total rubbish they need to learn to set up the box as it should be and do a litte research before giving people the wrong information

Thanks for the reply mate, pardon my ignorance, where can I find info to set up my mag to the specs you listed? Appreciate your help

Have an iptv sub but he doesn't have catch up available yet, says he may add it at a later date, the sub is excellent quality and I'm very happy with it, just see loads of catch up been advertised and initially thought it was something I could program my mag to do, obviously not lol. What about time shift etc? Is that also supplier related or is there anything I can do to get the best out of the Mag? Thanks.

It's all down to the supplier I'm afraid bud the channels that have catch are ones with timeshift as well I dont think you are getting the best out of your mag without these options are you paying low end of the scale for your iptv around £40 a year I would imagine is it for around another £30-£35 a year you could have an excellent sub with the other options included have you got VOD included in your sub

I'm paying €80 a year, but I can't fault the quality, it's excellent, would like the catch up option but happy to sacrifice it for the quality of live TV

Another question lol, my supplier has a VOD section, I have another sub using Zgemma i55 and have no issues with VOD, but my Mag sub plays some movies with sound but no pic? Supplier says it has to be playback setting on the Mag, any ideas??

Mags are ok and easy to setup and very good for iptv,I have setup hundreds of boxes and all different types,I have owned a mag for a couple of years but no way would i rate it above my xtrend et 8500

In order to use pause live tv you need to have an external HD attached, right? Also, I see Mag 265 and "bugs" mentioned from time to time. What would you recommend, the 254 or the 256 (the 256 is more advanced and therefore faster), is one type buggier than the other?

Well I have a mag256 and bought it on a recommendation. If you want to utilize all the features like being able to record a stream you can.t on a 256 due to firmware problems. My provider allows recording..but very dissapointed that you can not record for more than 20 seconds or so on a 256. It may zap channels faster..if i were you. I would opt for the mag254.
I assumed getting the newer model would be best. Another user who has a 254 can record whatever he wants.
So make your decision..if you don.t need to record get a 256.

Back