Where is the Raffle Money Being Used?

@wheelo
you dont have to justify to us what you spend the monery on
you are on the frontline, so to speak, you know what is needed most
you are doing what the rest of us are too lazy/busy/insertyour own reason here to do
we are just trying to help in our own way by trying to help you get what you need to carry on doing the exemplary work you and your colleagues do

keep suckin diesel, (y)

Fair play mate is it a local cash and carry you go to for munchies ect. Your all doing an amazing job all year round

Theres a discount store near here, he buys in pallets of stuff that is close to expiry, and flogs it very reasonably. I have access to a cash and carry, but it wouldn't be as competitive pricewise, but I'd get longer dates, however, I buy it and it's used within a day or two, so short dates dont bother me!

The locals gave a name for the shop - "Stale or Stolen" - as they reckon that is the only way he can sell as cheap as he does lol

Think Brexit can add issues when getting stuff in from UK and more vat?
Free delivery was it.
I have use of someones prime account, so free delivery, but they took a deposit in case of excess charges, should it attract any.

@wheelo
you dont have to justify to us what you spend the monery on
you are on the frontline, so to speak, you know what is needed most
you are doing what the rest of us are too lazy/busy/insertyour own reason here to do
we are just trying to help in our own way by trying to help you get what you need to carry on doing the exemplary work you and your colleagues do

keep suckin diesel, (y)

I know nobody around here doubts what is going on, I just think it's nice to let you guys see what happening on a weekly basis. I make 4 pans of sandwiches - 42 - and I cover the cost of that myself every week.

Just because we dont really think about the REAL WORLD it does open up our eyes to see what is happening behind the scenes which we never registered in our minds.

Seeing what you are doing has opened up our minds and hearts :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:(y)(y)(y)

You and your team are doing a fantastic job @wheelo i do donate to charity now and again but you put me to shame.
Although i'm not sure i would like tomato sauce on my kitkat :sick:
You just haven't lived mate, if you never tried red sauce on kitkat - how did you get to be a wrinkly without trying new things (or maybe that is how lol)

I dont know if I have made it clear previously that we deal with a lot underprivileged people too. 150 food parcels are given out on average every day. It is very sad to see so many people who have fallen on hard times.

Another bit of shopping done ~ bottled water - both still and sparkling, KitKat's, Twixs, Hot Chocolate, more ketchup, plus I'll be making more sandwiches (6 pans - 63 sandwiches) tomorrow evening.

We've had a poxy few days weather here in Dublin ~ Gales and rain, and low temperatures.

I also had a member on here donate to me a child's laptop, brand new. I won't say who it was as they didn't do it for a pat on the back, but needless to say, it will go to a needy family, and will be greatly appreciated, it certainly is by me.

IMG_20210224_135337.jpg

Today's total ~ €80
Running total ~ €510

Well done all

So this weeks shopping came in two parts - firstly, I was asked could we get mini versions of shampoo, deodorant, mouthwash, etc. We came across a pharmacy that had a special offer , so we spent €160 on this little lot.

FB_IMG_1615233945615.jpg

Then we went up to our semi local discount store, and bought a load of teabags, bottles of water, biscuits, and a variety of chocolate bars.

20210308_200927.jpg

Todays total - €310
Running Total - €820

Many thanks one and all..

Another day, another shopping trip.
Today's buys were boxes of crisps, snickers, tea bags, water, Easter eggs, and biscuits.

IMG-20210313-WA0002.jpg

Today's total €210
Running total €1030

As always, many thanks to all who contributed to the raffles and direct donations, this gives great help to those less fortunate than ourselves.

King crisps cheese and onion are nicer please boss followed by nickers and water and a coffee to finish it off.

Well done again.

Last edited:
I like Tayto.
Can get them in Home Bargains in UK now
Better than Walkers by a long way
Mid you, that's not hard, Walkers have been shite since they closed down Smiths.

Clock Face were the best crisps of all time but unless you lived within 8 miles of me you would never have heard of them

I seem to have missed posting in here for 2 weeks, but if anyone uses Facebook, they can see those two shops.
Total for those two - €285
Running total - €1315

20210308_200927.jpg
This weeks shop consisted of 10 trays of water 20 X 9 packs of crisps, 10 kilos of jellies which we separated into I individual portions, 5 boxes of 500 tea bags, 10 boxes of bars of chocolate, 5 boxes of Cadbury fudge fingers and some individual portions of cereal.

IMG_20210410_115603.jpg

IMG_20210410_142051.jpg

received_295632131931564.jpeg

received_291651465828750.jpeg

We then dropped them all down to Chris at The Liberty Soup Run, he was so thankful, as the van had been empty first thing this morning.

Todays total €140
Running total - €1455

I received money from my friends and family, plus the trade union that I am a member of and shop steward for, and I hope to secure 100 sleeping bags on Monday which I hope to collect the following week.

As always, many thanks to all who donated to the cause by entering the raffle, your generosity is helping so many less fortunate people.

Wow 100 sleeping bags sounds like a lot but they never last long i can guess + it gets very cold at night.

Wow 100 sleeping bags sounds like a lot but they never last long i can guess + it gets very cold at night.
Spot on mate, it sound like a lot, and last time when they were delivered to my house they took up a stupid amount of space, but they were probably given input in less than a month.

These poor guys obviously would like a clean place to lay their head, and with the bad weather and the fact they are on the street means they get quite grubby, quite quickly.

So, I finally got to collect the 100 sleeping bags on Wednesday, rather than copying photos and text, I'll just link you to my Facebook post.
€15 X 100 = €1500

So, that's all the Techkings raffle money (and a lot more) used up, but I have some very generous family, friends and colleagues, so I still have a few hundred Euro even after all this.

So, as I said at the start of this thread, many, many thanks to all the generous TechKings.org members who took part in the raffles, your generosity has been overwhelming, and as you have seen, I have been able to purchase a shed load of stuff to help out those less fortunate than ourselves.
From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU ALL!!

So, I finally got to collect the 100 sleeping bags on Wednesday, rather than copying photos and text, I'll just link you to my Facebook post.
€15 X 10 = €1500

So, that's all the Techkings raffle money (and a lot more) used up, but I have some very generous family, friends and colleagues, so I still have a few hundred Euro even after all this.

So, as I said at the start of this thread, many, many thanks to all the generous TechKings.org members who took part in the raffles, your generosity has been overwhelming, and as you have seen, I have been able to purchase a shed load of stuff to help out those less fortunate than ourselves.
From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU ALL!!
Think we need @HiTecK to do a spring/summer raffle.
But was a pleasure taking part all to a good cause and long may techkings and members help anyway possible.

Back