Which antivirus?

Ive heard alot about it karl
Like The moh said "Better the devil you know" :)
In the end, they probably all do the same job (except norton) :whistling:

Avira goes all the way! I'll have a thread about security programs set up soon, but yeah! It has the best detection and resource consumption.

And of course, the Free version is as good as the Premium version, only that the premium version has a webguard which isn't really necessary.

Thanks DK, looking forward to you setting up our pc security section properly! :)

It's great to have someone with so much knowledge on board :)

i use AVG prof and hav done for years and recommend the avg free.
I also used to use Webroot spysweeper prof for many yers but now both have SAME progs both do spysweeps and virus checks. My pc had a conflict with using both, so decided to stay with avg and use the spysweep on my lappy as i dotn use it much.
Ive also got spybot which i was told was good and tend to use that about once a week or so and my avg runs on weekley basis - althought last week it took over 9 hrs before it finished - have no idea why lol!

i use avg 8 free no problems yet.

hi cactikid
i was running avg 8 on my vista laptop,when i bought kaspersky 09 with licences and put it on it picked up 9 infections,i dont know what they were,but kaspersky removed them.i was running kaspersky on my pc and never had problems

I use Avast free version and have done for around 5 years never had a problem but the notification could do with a bit of work you nearly fall off your seat when it detects something with alarms going off everywhere!

I was using Avast free until i picked up a trojan a few weeks ago, d4rkn1ght sorted it out for me and recommended i use Avira Antivir, haven't had any problems since :)

And it's much quieter than Avast.

I use Avast free version and have done for around 5 years never had a problem but the notification could do with a bit of work you nearly fall off your seat when it detects something with alarms going off everywhere!

Amen to that. The only time I ever had a problem, I wasn't even connected and it was a false alarm, so I wasn't expecting anything. But I just about left my chair to whatever alien invasion was coming. lol

avast for me i have tried avira i prefer avast myself although i agree it is a little heavy when doing a ful scan but thats easily solved by running when you are not using i find it very thorough

im using avg 8 and its good! :grin:

I hung on to AVG 7.5 coz some were saying AVG8.0 is rescourse heavy. I need to get a new one now 7.5 aint supported, My computer is quite old now, so I was after something less strenuous than 8.0.
Avira Antivir you reckon? ANy links? or just google it I suppose

Avira goes all the way! I'll have a thread about security programs set up soon, but yeah! It has the best detection and resource consumption.

And of course, the Free version is as good as the Premium version, only that the premium version has a webguard which isn't really necessary.

im trying Avira at the moment decided to give it a go im finding it quite good mat stick with it.(y)

I have put Avira on, did a scan and it picked some bits up, ADSPY stuff, Dont think it was mega dangerous, but its gone now. I aint got to cleaning the registry yet, ccleaner i hear is good., Next week maybe when I get back.

Back