Which antivirus?

I use CCleaner atleast every other day, depending on how much I surf, d/l, or what I do online.

I use CCleaner atleast every other day, depending on how much I surf, d/l, or what I do online.

I agree, it is a great program. Really good if you do video editing as well. Deleting your finished project always leaves tags and other tidbits in the registry that need cleaned out.

McAfee for me (OEM 1 User Licence) from a reputable website for £6.89 :) and malwarebytes.

Hi there along with your (free) AntiVirus AVG or whatever
you might like to download the following utility,I use it all
the time -Advanced SystemCare Free v3
from here http://www.iobit.com/, while there take a look
at other free downloads.Also if I can make a suggestion
to Google "ways to speed up your computer",substitute
computer with what ever application you are running.
Only have one AV program installed and running as
running more than one can cause problems. With Windows
Defender (firewall),AVG and advanced system care installed
you should be fine. With ASC3 there's a little program called
SmartRam which your RAM as free as possible.
Cheers

I agree, it is a great program. Really good if you do video editing as well. Deleting your finished project always leaves tags and other tidbits in the registry that need cleaned out.

I also use Ccleaner very frequently. All the movie stuff i do, i feel it helps to use it often to keep things nice and tidy.

I have the paid version of advanced system care installed on my desktop (running windows MCE [xp sp3]) and use the smart ram along with the smart defrag. With all the movies I "aquire" from "unnamed sites" I have to defrag my system quite a bit.

Hi there along with your (free) AntiVirus AVG or whatever
you might like to download the following utility,I use it all
the time -Advanced SystemCare Free v3
from here http://www.iobit.com/, while there take a look
at other free downloads.Also if I can make a suggestion
to Google "ways to speed up your computer",substitute
computer with what ever application you are running.
Only have one AV program installed and running as
running more than one can cause problems. With Windows
Defender (firewall),AVG and advanced system care installed
you should be fine. With ASC3 there's a little program called
SmartRam which your RAM as free as possible.
Cheers

I tried that ASC3 and didnt like it it seemed to cause problems with my settings and after doing it made all my text blurry on all pages so deleted it.
as for McAffee that to caused problems on my lappy years ago so now wont use it.
BUt its good to see what people think of these programmes and which ones seem to be popular.
Seems that AVG is always recommeneded

Well, I've given a few anti-virus programs a road test:

AVG Free.
AVG v8.0.234.
Norton Antivirus 2009 v16.0.0.125,
Kapersky Internet Security 2009 v8.0.0.506.
Bitdefender Total Security 2009 v12.0.11.5.
McAffey Total Protection 2009.

Some of these programs are a bigger drain on system resource than other, however, I have settled for McAffey Total Protection 2009 and have been more than happy with it. [This is only my personnal opinion].

Esat Nod32 is your only man.Simple easy to use you hardly know it's there. using it for over a year on PC and laptop no problems so far.

ive got northen anti virus but its costly got it with my laptop but its a good protection but not good at removing a virus so i use malwarebytes to remove any virus or issue and cc cleaner for the reg .. when i was last in pc world they highly reccomended staying clear of avg cos its bad for your computer causes problems but thats not my advice im just saying what they said not too sure about it but im keeping away for now

stores will tell you to keep away from freebies so they can SELL you AV's they get commission on what they sell i beleive

I have been using AVG, and recommend it to everyone.

Linny is right, very little commission on FREE stuff.

ive used AVG both free and paid for version with no problem and been recommended it by pc experts and recommended it to others

well in the right places it is,i use it myself and find it a great av not resource heavy adn never had any hassle with it

I use "SOPHOS" i think it is very good.
Is there any link to show tested best antivirus program?
Thx evryone

I use "SOPHOS" i think it is very good.
Is there any link to show tested best antivirus program?
Thx evryone

There are many reviews on the web of almost every antivirus out there, here is a link that shows the top ten rated antivirus solutions for 2009. Bit Defender being #1

Back