why wont newcamd load on my lappy

monty45

hi all , I have had a miracle box for like over 3 month and still not got it set up. I followed bees guide ages ago and got 2 the bit about loading the newcams ect but never got round to trying this and av been working away from home since. I have a free weekend so thought add get a test line and try again to get this box working but I cant get the newcamd to open.i am no expert on a pc I tend to google if am stuck and that's what I have tried but to no avail. I think the files have unzipped but when I try to open the newcamd file I get a quick flash of a box then nothing. I have disabled my fire wall in Norton in case its that but still no good. I downloaded the files from bees guide so hope there ok and am using windows 10 on my lappy. any one any ideas what am doing wrong as my test line is only till tommorrow

right click edit but dont need to edit just ftp to your box if vix image var etc it goes

Last edited:
hi alcable I don't get an edit option if I right click I get open and other options but nothing I try lets me open the file

[video=youtube;MKdfqapLplw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKdfqapLplw[/video]google note pad++ u will or open in notepad how far on are u have got freeview and channels in order

<font color="grey"><font size="1">---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ----------</font></font>

down load file zilla type box ip in user root pass dreambox then drag the newcamd file and mg_cfg to var keys
its same way diff box

Last edited:
cheers alcable your a star. I downloaded notepad++ and I think its worked.it looks the same as bees guide so al see if I can get any further. never thought it would be this hard to set up a miracle box. I had a eurovox and still got a kryptview atm so thought add be able to do this as well. gonna be a long night I think lol

hi alcable I think I have my cable list ready I have all channels like sky sports if I press fav. I have got my test pasted in the newcamd but not sure what I do next. I put my ip ect into FileZilla and right clicked on a file in second box down on the left but I think I done the wrong thing even tho I thought that's what bees guide said.i then tried to go in soft cam set up on my box but when I press mgcamd1.38 it said no config filesplease set up mgcamd files first in/usr/keys.can you help me any more coz I don't no if I have put the wrong files into my box and if so how to get them out unless I have to reflash and start again

thanks but no idea how i do that.i gave up about 2am coz i think av tried to load the wrong files. can any one tell me if i need to reflash the box and start again

when people feck up things yes me too its best to start from scratch reflash box with new image and if vix image on original boxes then wos.
if using nline after you did the wizard setup and not used settings restore do this.

download plugins - -softcams chose mgcamd 1.38 and install

you missed the very last link on bees post the mg cam files zip which is downloaded to desktop pc and extracted
those 2 files named NEWCAMD.LIST and MG_CFG are sent by filezilla to the folder usr/keys
your adjusted line if needed goes to newcamd.list.

also a good point to have a folder on desktop called vu/xtrend /your box name where you store a copy of newcamd.list and mg_cfg.
people reflash boxes then lost their lines because there not saved.

ty for reply but i have used the guide u listedto get to the point of loading my test line. thats were m now more confused then ever

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 AM ----------

al try and reflash the box with vix cactikid .i did use the file from bees guide and i pasted my test line as per the guid but i think i uploaded the wrong file .gonna start from scratch and see how i get on

not sure on bees zip file you just have to edit whats on it and replace with your line data,does it not say that,do one bit at a time,when done do next step.

sorry to invade this but I'm a new user can someone tell me how to send a post so i can get started. cheers

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 AM ----------

ie a new post / subject

where can i find that page

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 AM ----------

sorry about my posts folks I'm struggling i need pointing in right direction

new thread sorry

---------- Post Merged at 11:50 AM ----------

i want to ask a question i.e. start a new thread

Back