Wifi extenders

Dont think any1 got this extender. I been reading about mesh set up. Im liking the netgear orbi rbk50. Any1 running this set up? What the like? Read one review on Amazon, dont know if there any truth to it?
"The router blocks all the streaming attempts, preventing Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV app from working"

Did you have any joy with this mate? Ive not tried the mesh but considering jumping in with the orbi, a lynksys velop or the TP....

I have the velop, it's OK but I'm running it in parallel with BT whole home discs. The BT disc are so much better, faster and better coverage. My velop is used as the router for my gigaclear fibre connection, if I could get rid of it I would.

I have the velop, it's OK but I'm running it in parallel with BT whole home discs. The BT disc are so much better, faster and better coverage. My velop is used as the router for my gigaclear fibre connection, if I could get rid of it I would.
Is it the triband velop you have? good to know about the BT option thanks.

I use mesh discs and tbh no moaning kids so must be a good system lol
Same here, my kids were alway bitching about the WiFi until I got the BT disc, after that not a peep. Since I've had gigaclear fibre it's been even better. 300 up / 300 down, brilliant.

Same here, my kids were alway bitching about the WiFi until I got the BT disc, after that not a peep. Since I've had gigaclear fibre it's been even better. 300 up / 300 down, brilliant.
Same as me with app on phone to control internet

Couldn't say mate as there is a major fault underground and open reach won't pull their fingers out of their arses to rectify so my speeds are shocking on WiFi and ethanet

Would these give decent WIFI out side to link upto my CCTV WIFI Camera's ?
Not sure how far away your cameras are but the wifi signal outside is much better for me now. I've got a 100mb package and previously I was getting no or very low speeds outside, I'mnow getting 110mb/s!

Can anyone help I recently had to book a visit from vm engineer as Wi-Fi was poor downstairs as the router (superhub3)is upstairs only to be told router was ok although the signal cannot reach 30 feet in a 3 Bed terrace house
He said I should purchase a Wi-Fi booster from Amazon but after installing it my Wi-Fi signal has halved is this normal?

Can anyone help I recently had to book a visit from vm engineer as Wi-Fi was poor downstairs as the router (superhub3)is upstairs only to be told router was ok although the signal cannot reach 30 feet in a 3 Bed terrace house
He said I should purchase a Wi-Fi booster from Amazon but after installing it my Wi-Fi signal has halved is this normal?
Forget wifi booster get a mesh system I bought the Deco m4 twin pack for £89 last year best thing I ever got tried wifi extender and home plugs before, deco do a triple pack. there are also lots of other brands on the market. I just put the virmin 3 hub into modem mode you then use the mesh wifi.

WiFi booster will slow it down , if it’s not fast enough follow Urie ‘s advice…. One of them things that just plug in and work

Back