WiFi Mesh System Query

thats a great deal mines were £89.99 for twin pack.
Probably a suitable place for a stupid question, given the thread we're chatting in, but,

Does the first one of these (or any of them) HAVE to be hard wired, or do they just pick up your wifi, then spread it out around the house?
I have a couple of poor areas in my house, but don't really want yo be running more cables around the place, it's bad enough explaining to the missus three new things to be plugged in.

Thanks guys.

Probably a suitable place for a stupid question, given the thread we're chatting in, but,

Does the first one of these (or any of them) HAVE to be hard wired, or do they just pick up your wifi, then spread it out around the house?
I have a couple of poor areas in my house, but don't really want yo be running more cables around the place, it's bad enough explaining to the missus three new things to be plugged in.

Thanks guys.
I have a different system (bt whole home) one plugs into router hard wired and the other 2 just sync to the one plugged into router so presuming the deco system works the same.

I have one in kids bedroom and little bedroom they should auto switch between each one for example if I go upstairs it will show on the app I have which hub I’m connected too

I have a different system (bt whole home) one plugs into router hard wired and the other 2 just sync to the one plugged into router so presuming the deco system works the same.

I have one in kids bedroom and little bedroom they should auto switch between each one for example if I go upstairs it will show on the app I have which hub I’m connected too
Theres a similar thing on offer here for 5€ per month with VM, but I can't be bothered with extra cabling, nor the extra subscription. (Plus ck has them and can't get them working, so they must be sh1t)

Thanks guys.
The deco m4 has 2 or 3 units, one is plugged into your existing router (in modem mode) using eth cable. the other 1 or 2 units can be placed anywhere and connect to the first unit via wifi so do NOT need hardwiring, athough they each have two eth ports so ideal for connecting an enigma2 box into it

The deco m4 has 2 or 3 units, one is plugged into your existing router (in modem mode) using eth cable. the other 1 or 2 units can be placed anywhere and connect to the first unit via wifi so do NOT need hardwiring, athough they each have two eth ports so ideal for connecting an enigma2 box into it
Same as my system then apart from I can’t put my ee router into modem mode (I don’t think) added bonus is they each have ethanet port ideal if running pc ect

You won't go wrong with a triple pack of Deco M4.
It was a lifesaver for me.
Just download the Deco app first on your phone, plug all in, open app and follow the instructions on the app.
The one connected to your modem must be hardwired.

Back