WiFi Mesh System Query

Not ashamed to admit I do mate.

I would die for parents they are everything to me plus I have had bad relationships in past so vowed not to have my own family.

Fair enough mate that's lovely to hear (y)

I remember getting a new laptop at home and the Wifi didn't work upstairs so I took a drill to the ceiling when my old man was at work that didn't work so I took up the carpet lol. He was not best pleased.

Sometime around the same time he took me out to teach me to drive and asked me to reverse of the drive and I took out the wall and gate :ROFLMAO: Always reminds me of it. Although he has to be careful because he can barely use a TV lol!

Personally instead of waiting on a mate to hook you up you may aswell buy a system with all these Black Friday mesh systems your posting you could have your issue resolved within 24/48 of ordering

I am aware of what deals I posting btw.

I aint in no rush and if I miss on these prices and cant get it through my mate then so be it.

Will be able to get the VM pods if things go to plan which for me will do the job fine.

I'm on VM business broadband with a Hitron router. It went into modem mode before the engineer got out of our street!
Yes I get a good signal and speeds everywhere on wifi but each deco is hardwired to the router. Not sure how good it is with them connecting wirelessly to each other.
Thanks for your advice. When you say that each deco is hardwired to the router, do you mean that each deco unit has a LAN cable running back to the router?

Thanks for your advice. When you say that each deco is hardwired to the router, do you mean that each deco unit has a LAN cable running back to the router?
No in when vm hub 3 router is in modem mode all ethernet ports are disabled exept the first one but you can add switch if yoy need more ethernet ports.
mines is setup as in below

Downstairs, Hub in modem mode --> primary mesh unit --> network switch --> Uptsairs, secondary mesh unit network switch -->

Mine is similar with the VM router in modem mode and an ASUS RT-AC86U handling DHCP with various switches around the house and in the loft.
I switched off the wifi radio on the router and just let the Deco units handle it.

Mine is similar with the VM router in modem mode and an ASUS RT-AC86U handling DHCP with various switches around the house and in the loft.
I switched off the wifi radio on the router and just let the Deco units handle it.
Willo3092 sound as if that is similar to what I would like to set up I have an ASUS RT-AC68U.

Downstairs, Hub in modem mode --> ASUS RT-AC68U --> primary mesh unit in Access Point Mode --> network switch --> Uptsairs, secondary mesh unit in Access Point Mode --> network switch -->
Bus as yet have not managed to get it working. It is more for to try vpn on the asus to see if any quicker than via vpn manager on enigma2.

Yes, I already had the whole house wired to the network but wifi was poor.
I am considering something like this in the future.... running LAN cables AND setting up mesh (or similar) so I have good wired and wireless connectivity. As a matter of interest, where do you folks buy your LAN cable?

I am considering something like this in the future.... running LAN cables AND setting up mesh (or similar) so I have good wired and wireless connectivity. As a matter of interest, where do you folks buy your LAN cable?
you do not really need to run lan all over the house you actually use the mesh wifi and connect your lan cable to the mesh box there are two ethernet connections on each deco.

I hear the new Virgin mesh wifi 6 pods are really good even better than the previous models.

You can get them free I believe if your a volt customer or oomph customer.

But not sure if there is many available same with the hub 5.

I hear the new Virgin mesh wifi 6 pods are really good even better than the previous models.

You can get them free I believe if your a volt customer or oomph customer.

But not sure if there is many available same with the hub 5.
So what did your mate get for you in the black friday/cyber Monday sales then? Did he get you a good deal?

So what did your mate get for you in the black friday/cyber Monday sales then? Did he get you a good deal?

Nope nothing on the mesh as of yet. I aint surprised anything I have got from him over the years has taken many months to receive. Do question sometimes despite the big discount get from him whether worth the long wait to receive things from him.

I am gona try to see if can try the virgin wifi pods and see how that works in the meantime.

Back