WiFi speeds

plasterer

Have vm wifi running around my home.
Bedroom at back of the house has weakest signal.
But I get 160 on laptop
140 on phone.
But unly 50 Meg on firestick.
Downstairs all good. 200 plus meg
I pay for 200 Meg running on 5G via asus router.
Why are the signals so hit and miss.
Both lappy and phone tests from ooklar
Firestick is built in, also run 2 others on stick, all returning 40 to 50meg.
Cheers chaps.... Paul

You might be better off with a mesh system rather than a more powerful router. A mesh system will guarantee strong signal around the house

Your lucky I get 30Mbps standing next to my router :tired: the wifi hardware on a firestick is always going to be lacking compared to more expensive gadgets I wouldn’t worry about it unless it’s dropping so low that your IPTV buffers.
I only get 26M at my firestick and it runs IPTV fine.

Cheers boys. I did get some free boosters of vm for superhub, but never done much. The router has upped the speed, and all apps run fine, no probs.
Just couldn't understand the vast difference in speeds. Will keep fiddling u till I break it lol. Cheers.... Paul

Cheers boys. I did get some free boosters of vm for superhub, but never done much. The router has upped the speed, and all apps run fine, no probs.
Just couldn't understand the vast difference in speeds. Will keep fiddling u till I break it lol. Cheers.... Paul
I just tested 4k firestick which is upstairs also with virgin media 200mb with hub 5 in modem mode but running deco m4 mesh

Attachments

• firestick-speedtest.png
    firestick-speedtest.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 31
Yer nice that mate. Your getting 100meg more useing that set up.
Ile keep fiddling here, but it won't get that high. Cheers mate.... Paul

I don't know if it would be worth your while but if your Asus router is wifi 6 compatible you might be better with a wifi 6 compatible device such as the 4k max firestick (when it goes on offer on black friday)

Yer nice that mate. Your getting 100meg more useing that set up.
Ile keep fiddling here, but it won't get that high. Cheers mate.... Paul
That is exactly what I would do (keep fiddling until I broke it) :LOL::LOL: If you are using the Merlin Firmware, just check that you don't have the Guest Wifi on, as anyone nearby would be able to connect without the login details. A sure sign that this is happening is lots of people in and around your garden on their phones and tablets :LOL::unsure:

That is exactly what I would do (keep fiddling until I broke it) :LOL::LOL: If you are using the Merlin Firmware, just check that you don't have the Guest Wifi on, as anyone nearby would be able to connect without the login details. A sure sign that this is happening is lots of people in and around your garden on their phones and tablets :LOL::unsure:
FFS Wondered wot they were all doing out there. Kevin Bakon an all, Landing Jumbo Jets :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:.
Thanks for all your help @kaspas

How did you get that mate. Did you have to ask. Maybe why mines gone from 40 to 80 on the WiFi. Checking now. Cheers mate... Paul

Back