WiFi with ethernet port

Just wanting stability for on demand films over the Internet whilst hub is in another area and 2 or more ppl are browing the Internet at the same time

Just wanting stability for on demand films over the Internet whilst hub is in another area and 2 or more ppl are browing the Internet at the same time

how fast is your actual internet in reality.?
unless you are running a serious server you will never hit anywhere near gigabit speeds internally, never mind externally

3.5 mbps download 17.4mbps upload
I assume that download is a typo,?
And you want a port that is 1000Meg,?
It will make no difference whatsoever to anything you do apart from your internal network if you are moving files across different devices.
It won't stream any better.

I can't plug direct into ethernet port on the hub and was gonna try wifi extender with ethernet port hoping will give less drop outs than WiFi alone. Is this totally wrong expectations

Hard wired is always the best solution,
But, you could try a WiFi extender halfway between the hub and your box, how far away is the hub,?

Only 7m but havent been impressed with WiFi even when in the same room in the paSt for constant reliability

I am straight in the hub now and was referring to set up in forthcoming new house where hub has to be in hallway not in living room as I have it now

What modem have you got,?
Can you run a lead to it temp to get a proper speed reading,?
What device and OS are you using to measure the speed,?

Back