Will IPTV Last ?

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Just wondering what you guys think. As a few years ago we started losing some CS channels, will IPTV follow suit or is it unbreakable ?

Streaming TV is on the increase be it legit or not so I think it will continue in one form or another, the biggest sticking point to viewing illegally will be encryption, once UK encryption kicks in fully c/s will stop ending the main way most receive IPTV in the UK now, so the next question will be how long before the rest of Europe follow in the same vain? The way IPTV is openly banded around on social media sites has lead to a huge increase in the number of people viewing illegally, it is this increase & the loss of revenue that has made the main providers direct their attention towards making it as hard as possible & is only going to become harder as time passes which is understandable as they want to protect their investment & maintain profitable contracts, ultimately it will become too much hassle for many & numbers will drop, that & the main providers introducing smaller/cheaper targeted subscriptions will sway many into going back to main provider deals.

While there is still money to be made from re-streaming someone else's service I foresee the day coming when providers pay for subscription & then re-stream in closed groups hidden behind tight offshore server security with VPN's at both server & user ends to hide/protect the source, currently main broadcasters have been focused on encryption & server blocking but if the law changes surrounding data protection & permits the identification of incoming/outgoing content being streamed everyone will be screwed.
Just my opinion... long may the cat & mouse game continue.

CS has been going for years and long may it continue, IPTV has improved massively and is now moving into a legitimate format as well, if the main providers make it reasonably priced instead of ripping everyone off with extortionate pricing then maybe more people would revert back to a legitimate form of viewing.

As 1 door closes another opens even how ever long any service lasts for is the question but look at the money we have all saved compared to spent each month I only had c/s for 2 year but £30 for year compared to£110 a month with Murdoch but there's always improvement for iptv just a shame there's a lot of ripping off fekkers that want money

Streaming sticks and media players using pay as you go premium TV services are more popular now than they have ever been, while the big provider is selling devices of such a nature and there is equipment to push the streams it won't come to an end. The Internet is a different beast all together than a satellite more versatile but saying that nobody thought CS would end. Enjoy it while it is good and if it ever does end get a calculator out, work out how much all the channels you have had available to you would cost per month and X by the length of time you have used it and that I am sure will soften the blow.

As many have said, how long is a piece of string.
Going from way back in the day with boxes on telewest about 20 years ago, it has progressed through many variations. Where there is money to be made, someone will be working out a way to do it.

I see IPTV only getting stronger and more widespread, as a hindrance i believe for many just now is the speed of their broadband. As people connections get better, it will spread further.

Can you blame people when 2 boxes with all sports and movies, cost £120 per month.

once provider ditch the h.264 compression for the streams and move to h.265 i think people will really see the difference. on a decent device with decent bandwidth it will be as close to the genuine article as you can get.

But providers are looking at the money more than quality at the moment. more people have cheap boxes that wont be able to cope with the h.265 compression so are not moving over over fear there customer base will shrink.

I have seen a few h.265 streams banded about and there crisp. just needs a provider to "man up" and move over!

Just wondering what you guys think. As a few years ago we started losing some CS channels, will IPTV follow suit or is it unbreakable ?
iptv has been round for years well before everyone started jumping on the pay versions and i would say iptv can not be stopped.

Back