GrogBuild Will not run on ATV 6.5 or above for a while

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
This is a heads up to advise that Grogbuild Freerange will NOT be moving from ATV 6.4 to 6.5 or above until some time after the newer ATV version becomes the stable version.

I took a look at it a few days ago, I modified GB setup to flash ATV 6.5 and gave it a spin, all seemed to go fine but once flashed with 6.5 and rebooted enigma2 would not start. I made a few more tweaks to the setup script and reran it with atv 6.5 still installed, but this time the module that is used to detect the box being used through up an error so the setup script could not tell which box it was running on which in turn means it can't flash the box.

I don't know if the error detecting box was due to atv 6.5 still being beta or if there was another issue but decided I didn't want to waste time getting that fixed to then find in the final release it has been fixed or something.

I am busy over the next few weeks with life but if I get a chance a MAY put together another script that doesn'tn flash the box but installs all the GB files on an already flashed box and then work on the proper fix once we know which version of ATV is going to be the next stable release.

Sorry to all those that have been wanting to install GB on ATV 7, but I don't have time at the moment to mess with fixes that may then need changing at a later date.

Grog68

Hi there mate. Just wondering if i flash to open atv 7 will grogbuild work on my zgemma i55 plus?

Thanks

Hi there mate. Just wondering if i flash to open atv 7 will grogbuild work on my zgemma i55 plus?

Thanks
I don't think it will.
Grog hasn't updated this thread to say that it will work.
Atv7 uses a different filesystem than earlier images.
Not sure why you want atv7, hardly anyone bothers with it

Thanks
No, as @pabloescaban has mentioned, and as the title of this thread, grogbuild will only work on ATV 6.4, all ATV images above that and the recent VIX images use Python 3 and converting the build will take time which at the moment I don't have. I did try updating to work with ATV 7.0 but then they changed something something changed in 7.1 and things that worked in 7.0 stopped working again so I gave up, I think there was another python update or something. I just don't have the time to keep the build upto date with the changes they keep making I am afraid. You will also find Wooshbuild is the same, it will not work with anything above ATV 6.4

I have no problem if someone else wants to take the build forward, new skin versions are needed, updated plugins or fixing those I wrote to work on python 3.x, detecting the box model etc for setup all needs fixing.

Thank you for your reply just thought id ask i am currently on wooshbuild build on open at 6.4 on a zgemma i55 plus but i want to swap to grogbuild

Thank you for your reply just thought id ask i am currently on wooshbuild build on open at 6.4 on a zgemma i55 plus but i want to swap to grogbuild
You can install Grogbuild on your box.
It will use 6.4 by default.
Follow the instructions in resources section

Back