WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Recordings are on HDD, image is on flash drive. Flashing an image won't affect recordings.

Changing image and changing HDD are two independent and separate processes. Do them in whichever order is convenient for you.

If you have a USB caddy, that would make things simpler to transfer from old to new HDD. If you don't, then transfer to Laptop, install and format new HDD in receiver, transfer recordings back.
Hi Abu, thanks for your reply.
So what you’re saying is that when I install the bigger HDD, the partitions with their different versions I installed before will still be there?

If I am interpreting what you mean instead of what you typed. the answer to your question is Yes. The images are on the flash memory of the receiver. They have nothing to do with the HDD. You can change the HDD, images are on flash memory and will be untouched.

If I read exactly what you typed, you created partitions on HDD. Then you will have to create similar partitions on new HDD. This has nothing to do with image on receiver. I don't know why you would want different partitions on your HDD.

If I am interpreting what you mean instead of what you typed. the answer to your question is Yes. The images are on the flash memory of the receiver. They have nothing to do with the HDD. You can change the HDD, images are on flash memory and will be untouched.

If I read exactly what you typed, you created partitions on HDD. Then you will have to create similar partitions on new HDD. This has nothing to do with image on receiver. I don't know why you would want different partitions on your HDD.
“I don't know why you would want different partitions on your HDD.”.
i don’t. Just want same setup with bigger HDD.

Hi quick question I have a Gemma h5 that I want to put willobuild on, I've a sub through xe editor, can I flash the image without deleting the sub and then having to set up from scratch i.e. download xe again and contact supplier for fresh set up

Brilliant. I set that up, perfect. First I'm aware of the religiousness of ViX v ATV!!
I have not touched my setup since getting the help here in August to move to WilloBuild. I had my Formuler F1 box plugged out off for a while as I had difficulties turning it off. Powering it on earlier (a few times) it's hung. What can I do?
20240121_134128.jpg

I have not touched my setup since getting the help here in August to move to WilloBuild. I had my Formuler F1 box plugged out off for a while as I had difficulties turning it off. Powering it on earlier (a few times) it's hung. What can I do?
View attachment 98736
Might be an issue with the PSU try a different power lead if you have one. Check its the correct amp/voltage

Might be an issue with the PSU try a different power lead if you have one. Check its the correct amp/voltage
This is a setup that has worked for years with original power supply. Has anyone ever seen a working setup dies like this?

If I have a box that hangs, I always power off and disconnect storage and see if it starts then.
I did all that before posting. It's been down a good while now :-(

PSUs can fall. Maybe re flash usb flash latest vix if you can't use putty script. After that try willobuild.

If still the same try another PSU as suggested

This is a setup that has worked for years with original power supply. Has anyone ever seen a working setup dies like this?

I did all that before posting. It's been down a good while now :-(
Yes lots have done the same power supplies do not last for ever even though you may think it is ok it may not be now putting out enough power.

The failure occurs under load condition. If PSU is not nothing plugged into anything, it will output the correct voltage/current. You will need to open the case of receiver and test on the power terminal/connector or find another way to test in line when power is being drawn.

Surely you have another 12V PSU? Maybe from an old router.

As Abu has said, happened to me this, PSU reading 12 volts on multimeter, soon as it was connected voltage dropped and although the box appeared to have power, aith power led on, it would'nt boot,
New 2 amp PSU< worked straight away.

The failure occurs under load condition. If PSU is not nothing plugged into anything, it will output the correct voltage/current. You will need to open the case of receiver and test on the power terminal/connector or find another way to test in line when power is being drawn.

Surely you have another 12V PSU? Maybe from an old router.
I went through the box of tricks in the shed. I've about 8 or 10 PSUs, invariably they are not the right voltage or end connection. I found 3 12v ones and was stunned to find that one had the right end connection! It never happens. That confirmed that the old PSU is fine as it hung on the same startup spot. So has anyone ever seen this happen on a formerly working machine where the PSU is 100%.
Are we sure this isn't just a skin issue? Have you tried to reflash via putty?
I've no idea. I did not change anything. Why would it happen out of the blue? You recommend I try a reflash via putty so.

I went through the box of tricks in the shed. I've about 8 or 10 PSUs, invariably they are not the right voltage or end connection. I found 3 12v ones and was stunned to find that one had the right end connection! It never happens. That confirmed that the old PSU is fine as it hung on the same startup spot. So has anyone ever seen this happen on a formerly working machine where the PSU is 100%.

I've no idea. I did not change anything. Why would it happen out of the blue? You recommend I try a reflash via putty so.
Yes reflash it via putty or a working USB stick. Do you remember the box IP address if not you can look in the router settings to see which devices are connected. If your box is listed type that IP address into a browser it should open up webif homescreen

Back