WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Morning, I'm trying to change over from wooshbuild and having problems with the network connection.
I've installed via USB, as when i tried with putty it failed with a kernel error, similar to the one posted earlier.
It worked fine except for the network connection.
If i use the network wizard i get "Your internet connection is not working"
If i do a network test, it shows
LAN connection is good
Local network is good
DHCP enabled
IP address unconfirmed
Nameserver unconfirmed

If I look in network info, i can see an IP address.

I have tried reflashing.

pre installation, I could connect via Putty and Filezilla. I can't now, so can't add my line.
Box is Zgemma H2H, I've got a 250gb HD which is mounted correctly.
Hopefully someone can help.

network test basically shows lan is connected to the router, not the internet.

Try powering off the box, reboot your router and once the router is back online turn the box back on

network test basically shows lan is connected to the router, not the internet.

Try powering off the box, reboot your router and once the router is back online turn the box back on
Thanks for your reply, but it hasn't made any difference. Still the same.

Morning, I'm trying to change over from wooshbuild and having problems with the network connection.
I've installed via USB, as when i tried with putty it failed with a kernel error, similar to the one posted earlier.
It worked fine except for the network connection.
If i use the network wizard i get "Your internet connection is not working"
If i do a network test, it shows
LAN connection is good
Local network is good
DHCP enabled
IP address unconfirmed
Nameserver unconfirmed

If I look in network info, i can see an IP address.

I have tried reflashing.

pre installation, I could connect via Putty and Filezilla. I can't now, so can't add my line.
Box is Zgemma H2H, I've got a 250gb HD which is mounted correctly.
Hopefully someone can help.
Have you setup a password on the box

I tried to install this latest build on Sunday and had the same issue, no internet available, reboot of box and router but still wasn't having any luck, didn't seem to install as slick as the previous build which I ended up putting back on the box,
Looks like There may be one or two issues to iron out,
Willo builds are pretty good in my experience,
Using a ZG H2H, here.

A couple of people have said that they can't connect to the network but I can't seem to replicate it here :unsure:
I replaced my router a few weeks ago and my box has a manually assigned IP address but can't see how that would affect things for others?
My IP address range is 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.249.

Have you looked to see if the Zgemma appears on the network map of your router or tried manually assigning an IP address?
I'm a bit lost without being able to replicate the problem.

A couple of people have said that they can't connect to the network but I can't seem to replicate it here :unsure:
I replaced my router a few weeks ago and my box has a manually assigned IP address but can't see how that would affect things for others?
My IP address range is 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.249.

Have you looked to see if the Zgemma appears on the network map of your router or tried manually assigning an IP address?
I'm a bit lost without being able to replicate the problem.
Hi, thanks for replying. I’ve changed back to Woosh and it’s fine on that. I can’t really check that anymore. I’ll try having another go tomorrow.
Do i need to install Vix first or does your download do that? Mine had Open ATv originally loaded, not sure if that may be a factor

It is the latest ViX 5.4.012.
I've just reflashed by Putty and USB and both worked fine. Both methods use the same files anyway.

If you reflash, try the 'restart network' option in network settings and see what happens.

1621524789453.png

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20210520163327.jpg

The official openVix website doesn’t seem to have a down load for H2H and I can’t find one on google. Any ideas where i could find one?

There isn't an official ViX image for any of the Zgemma's prior to the H7.
I build my own for the H3 and H5 series. I'm not aware of anyone else that does their own image.

I get a 'no kernel file is found' when installing via putty. Any ideas? USB flash will not pick up the USB.
On a Zgemma H5
Thanks

I get a 'no kernel file is found' when installing via putty. Any ideas? USB flash will not pick up the USB.
On a Zgemma H5
Thanks
that is a similar error that GBFR used to return when flashing ATV using the wrong image, ie Recovery rather than USB.

Back