Windows 11 Windows 11 Upgrade?

bonus2010

VIP Member
I would've thought my reasonably spec'd 5 year old PC would've been compatible for a free upgrade to Windows 11 when released, but apparently not
according to Microsoft's compatibility App.

I won't be rushing out to buy a new computer, especially since the one I'm using is powerful enough for me. Just wonder what mine's is lacking?
Could it be this TPM (Trusted Platform Module).

Anyway, here the link if you'd like to test your computer.

See check for compatibility app, under "Get Ready"

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've thought my reasonably spec'd 5 year old PC would've been compatible for a free upgrade to Windows 11 when released, but apparently not

I won't be rushing out to buy a new computer, especially since the one I'm using is powerful enough for me. Just wonder what mine's is lacking?

Needs to be 64 (bit) so you may be running a 32 (bit) version

Needs to be 64 (bit) so you may be running a 32 (bit) version
Mines is 64 bit, 32GB ram

only other thought I've had is, wonder if it was rejected because I didn't sign in with a microsoft account, might try again with the compatibilty program

only other thought I've had is, wonder if it was rejected because I didn't sign in with a microsoft account, might try again with the compatibilty program

Your pc sounds really powerful.

I am guessing 32bit and 4gb ram pc won't cut it 😅 😅 😅

p06kvqsj.jpg

Might be worth checking into your BIOS settings - UEFI, TPMv2 and Secure Boot will all be a requirement, plus it looks like it will be a tad fussy about the chippery as well :- Happy with your existing Windows 10 setup? Good, because Windows 11 could turn its nose up at your CPU

I'll just stick with my trusty Linux thanks all the same........
You can bypass the windows 11 requirements.

The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11 Consumer Preview

1. Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft;
  2. Already have made your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;
  3. Mount Windows 10 ISO;
  4. Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;
  5. Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd;
  6. Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager;
  7. Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer;
  8. Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder;
  9. Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer;
  10. Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place.

If you run the Health Check app it tells youi why windows 11 wont run on your device, my Lenovo Intel i5 won't handle it because of the cpu and my ageing Zoostorm pc is a Secure Boot problem, both running windows 10 home

Ran that healthcheck test on my pc and it said it failed because of secure boot :disappointed:
Same here on my pc, trouble is if you go into the bios to enable it and its not there which it was'nt on mine it means it was'nt enabled when the operating system was installed and to get secure boot in your bios you have to reinstall windows !!! sod that

Same here on my pc, trouble is if you go into the bios to enable it and its not there which it was'nt on mine it means it was'nt enabled when the operating system was installed and to get secure boot in your bios you have to reinstall windows !!! sod that
yes im not doing a re-installation of win10 just for secure boot to enable me to get win 11. too much faffing about with these operating systems from microsoft.
if i get some free time might look into linux

yes im not doing a re-installation of win10 just for secure boot to enable me to get win 11. too much faffing about with these operating systems from microsoft.
if i get some free time might look into linux
Just to confirm :- Secure Boot must be enabled before an operating system is installed. If an operating system was installed while Secure Boot was disabled, it will not support Secure Boot and a new installation is required, as said before " sod that" lol

I have 8gb of memory and 1tb of storage but it says it cant run 11 because my processor is not compatible...

now is compatible. i had to update the settings in bios (gigabyte motherboard)

i followed this "tutorial here"

TPM 2.0 is a requirement here

less than 1 year old

16gb ram

Last edited:
Back