Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows 7: Four reasons to upgrade, four reasons to stay away

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
The release of Windows 7 to manufacturing begins a tale of two operating systems: the one you want and the one you don't. It is packed with improvements and cool stuff, but it still carries a whiff of Vista that may put XP diehards off. That said, people who have gotten used to Vista will enjoy the fact that Windows 7 looks the same but acts a whole lot better.

Like many people who compute both at home and at work, I use XP and Vista as well as Mac OS X Leopard, and I like elements of all three. So I've been watching the beta and RC versions of Windows 7 very closely. Does the final "release to manufacturing" (RTM) code -- the same code that will ship with new PCs and retail versions of Windows 7 in October -- merit a jump from any of my current platforms?

Well, yes and no.

I highly recommend those who are considering the upgrade, read the full article HERE

7thsinger

VIP Member
I can see it being more difficult for an XP user to get used to Windows7. Having been using Vista, i found Windows 7 to be faster, more efficient, and minus some of the great negatives that are inherent to Vista.

All in all, i can see some of the authors points both positive and negative; but must say that thus far i'm loving Windows 7.

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
It does definitely take some getting used to, as my primary is XP. But like you said 7th, I am liking it quiet a bit right now. I must say however, that when the RC expires I don't know if I will make the purchase or not. The price tag, even for the upgrade version, is awfully steep to me. Especially, when XP is working so well for me. I guess that I will cross that bridge when we get there ;)

hadmad

VIP Member
i think ill be losing vista and moving to 7 but my main computer will staying xp for a long time yet