Winter weather is here

Bit of white vinegar or washing up liquid or VODKA in screen wash bottle does the trick, ( save the vodka, unless your minted, lol)

No to washing up liquid as it contains salt and rusts car + it makes it go like jelly in the bottom of the bottle as worked in garage i found that out and only use what was made for it,

Never had a problem with it, of course I'm not talking about half a bottle or so of it I mean a couple ot teaspoons (y)

Yes handy when you have a watering can at home but water freezes as you drive then what?
I pour the room temperature water over the frozen screen and put wipers on.
Then wait until all clear before setting off, can't be doing with all that scraping shit and stopping every hundred yards to scrape the back of my hand against the inside glass as it immediately freezes up again and gormless kids getting run over calling me a blind cnut every twenty feet

Mine do as heat of engine also helps it to unfreeze but using neat washer fluid
Too costly and time consuming, start the engine, which gets things warmed.
Pour cool water over frozen front and rear screens.
Get in and start wipers. By this time engine is warmed up and windows are cleared.
Drive away, within a minute or two everything works as normal. Not putting concentrated goulash in wash bottle to try and save thirty seconds in the AM. I'm too busy and miserable and stingy to spend money etc

Just changed my summer wheels over to my winter ones with cross climates on not a full on winter tyre but they seem to grip where other are struggling.

I've also got snow socks in the boot for those bloody hills around where i work. They do work well got me out of a your sleeping at work type situation a couple of times.

Dropped the tyre pressure by 2lb .. on xtrail.
Mini is a Ev.. to many puddles, so battery sits to close to floor. Lithium doesn't like water . So mini sits in garage like the lemon 🍋 that it is

Them video's are class. Think my mini woukd kill me.. I would be electrocuted. 😆

Back