WooshBuild Wooshbuild EPG population/refresh issue

I'm running wooshbuild :laughing: but on 6.4 running on zgemma h9 combo so using sat and freeview terrestrial.

Funnily enough, i installed 6.3 with WB today and i am having the exact same issue.
Initially i couldn't see Sky or Virgin within the sources of epg importer, i even uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same issue.
In the end i downloaded a version from the net, uninstalled and installed the version i downloaded from the net.
Now, i see all 6 sources in this, however it'll only populate if im on the channel, if i select the yellow button for manual, it pops up with an error message " import of epg data is still in progress. Please wait"
I'm out of ideas...

Funnily enough, i installed 6.3 with WB today and i am having the exact same issue.
Initially i couldn't see Sky or Virgin within the sources of epg importer, i even uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same issue.
In the end i downloaded a version from the net, uninstalled and installed the version i downloaded from the net.
Now, i see all 6 sources in this, however it'll only populate if im on the channel, if i select the yellow button for manual, it pops up with an error message " import of epg data is still in progress. Please wait"
I'm out of ideas...
in a way, i feel better its not just me! lol

This is the version i ended up installing.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport_1.0+git210+20190625_all.rar
    60.9 KB · Views: 31
That weird you should say that if you had read back you would have seen I had also just installed openatv 6.3 and then put on wooshbuild there was no problem with most grabbed my settings but epg importer did not have rytec.sources.xml only souce in there was for my iptv .
So I had to boot back into openatv 6.4 and copy rytec.sources.xml via filezilla to put it into etc\epgimport folder.

Any way has this got anything to do with original post do you actually need epgimporter as regards to satellite or terrestrial thought ABM can do them.

If someone can point me in the direction where i can populate my epg without epgimporter for Sky and Virgin, that would be apprecaited.
Also crossepg isnt in my download feed :(

I'm still having this issue. I tried installing Crossepg, but it crashes my box when trying to use. I tried a different build (grogbuild), but the issue was the same, so i'm thinking perhaps it's an OPENAtv issue?

I'm still having this issue. I tried installing Crossepg, but it crashes my box when trying to use. I tried a different build (grogbuild), but the issue was the same, so i'm thinking perhaps it's an OPENAtv issue?
Did you copy rytec.xml file over to ect\epgimport folder unpack this zip file below and copy it accross.
Also the same problem exists in OpenVIX. Another thing I read on other forum

Enigma2 can gather the EPG data directly from the signal stream for several providers. OpenTV EPG used by some providers
like Sky UK/IT has been added to OpenViX/OpenPLI in August 2019. (Thanks to LraiZer)
This means that just by zapping, watching, viewing or “turning to” a channel, the EPG data will be added to your Enigma2
receiver. There is no need to use plugins, download from the internet, maintain a database of service references etc.
As the number of channels varies between providers, some providers limit amount of EPG on the normal frequencies. They
keep the vast amount of data on a specific frequency. If we zap/select/view any channel on that frequency, the EPG data will
be added/absorbed into the EPG cache on the system. This needs to be done regularly to maintain the data.
UK Freeview (Aerial): You can use any channel
Virgin UK (Cable): “PVR_EPG” or any service on the frequency.
Sky UK (28.2): “IEPG data 1” or any other service on 11778, V, 27500
Sky Italy (13e)

You can also try setting upn EPG Refresh to automate the zapping to channel ( I have tried this i still have to select channel or manually select EPG refresh to zap channel)

Attachments

• rytec.sources.zip
    4 KB · Views: 22
.......... do you actually need epgimporter as regards to satellite or terrestrial thought ABM can do them.

Two totally different and separate entities. :-

ABM = auto BOUQUET maker, ie. sets up your channel list and will sort them into 'bouquets' as per your settings.

EPG(importer) = electronic PROGRAM guide, this populates the above with daily/weekly information on what each channel is offering.

Did you copy rytec.xml file over to ect\epgimport folder unpack this zip file below and copy it accross.
Also the same problem exists in OpenVIX. Another thing I read on other forum

You can also try setting upn EPG Refresh to automate the zapping to channel ( I have tried this i still have to select channel or manually select EPG refresh to zap channel)
Brilliant! Thanks very much for this version of the Rytec file. It had more sources than my one. Went from an import of 65,000 entries to 150,000. 99% of channels now populated. Superstar! Thanks again :)

I have had quite a lot of problems with epg importer but managed to sort most things out with help from posts on TK.

One thing I cant get to work is EPG for Swedish channels. My provider doesn't support it and I don't know how to set it up.

I am using a zgemma h2.s with wooshbuild infinity on the latest open atv for ITPV only, no aerial plugged in.

Would really appreciate someones help on this.

Back