WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you back up your settings and then re flash to infinity, you will then be able to restore settings and still have existing channels in their right order that they were in before re flashing, would that be correct?.

If you back up your settings and then re flash to infinity, you will then be able to restore settings and still have existing channels in their right order that they were in before re flashing, would that be correct?.
Yes you will. Once you have selected the resolution of your TV on the Video Wizard screen it will ask you if you want to restore settings (if it finds a settings backup)

You can select yes when asked if you want to restore settings but DON'T let it try and restore plugins. Your box will restore the settings and then take you to the WooshBuild Infinity setup. This will install the plugins you would expect from WooshBuild.

Manually installed plugins will fail to install as will any system plugins which are no longer available on the servers. This is not to do with WooshBuild Infinity and will happen even with just openATV on your box.

Last edited:
Went through it that time a lot faster and completed fully, rebooting now.

I notice with the onscreen prepping for sat areas there is no ROI.

sorry if i missed this on main thread. but if you have wooshbuild 7 already installed is there a way to update from here to infinity without complete reflash to atv base image?
No there isn't. In effect it is exactly the same as if there was a new image of WooshBuild for your box, you would still have to flash it. It is easy enough though.

From a current WooshBuild you can simply use the online flash option for OpenATV. From fullscreen TV:

Blue Button -> Flash online / local -> Green button -> Select the openATV image you want to use -> Green button again.
When asked to backup your settings say yes.

The box will download the openATV image, press OK on your box and select Startup wizard. Depending on the box takes 5 minutes.

This has been designed for boxes where no original wooshbuild had been created.
If you install this then say no at initialisation of usb and your recordings should remain.

sorry if silly question but is this replacing WB 7.

also when re-flashing will i lose my recording on my HDD?
There are no silly questions.

WooshBuild Infinity means every time you flash you box you will get the latest version of openATV (If you want it) and the latest versions of all plugins but mainly opens WooshBuild up to all the other boxes that have never had WooshBuild made for that box. There is no need to install this if you box is running fine.

With the recent changes to channels, WooshBuild Infinity will resolve the channels which are in the wrong place and not HD etc. Mainly channel 1 - 5

You never lose your recordings by flashing your box. You only lose recordings by wiping your USB, deleting your recordings or your USB fails.

If you are happy with WooshBuild 7, stick with it.

Well there is less in this version than with WB 6 or 7. Certainly from a WooshBuild point of view. Nothing has been added, if anything there are more resources available on your box than before as the only skin installed is the one you chose.

The only thing it does which is different is loads the EPG on a restart. You can turn this off by going into EPG Import

Everything else is the same as before. It is the installer method which is different.

That's what bothers me as I know it is "Lighter" than WB7, so what the heck is with the bloody CPU availability ?

Ah well, a bit more digging so, I actually like this sort of thing, I get bored when the box is just sitting there working away and stable. :grin::grin:

EDIT: @wooshman Am I correct in thinking that basically what you have done with Infinity is separate Open ATV and WB ?

It depends what they are but WB7 will become out of date when openATV release a new version, which in theory will be 6.2 but at present the stable release is openATV 6.1 which is what WB7 is running.

All of the plugins in WB7 are in WooshBuild Infinity with the exception of WB Config which is version 3 for Infinity.

Not if you don't want to no. It is just the same as if it was WB 8 was released. Some people will install it instantly and then over time it becomes the standard version to install.

The difference with this version is that all boxes can run it, you can run any version of openatv you want and you can update you box without waiting for us to update an image. WooshBuild Infinity will work even if you did it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back