WooshBuild Wooshbuild Install 2022

What box have you got and what are you watching, sat or IPTV?
Has it just started happening or is it from a fresh install?
Latest Wooshbuild is mid 2018.
I have a Octagon SF8008 and this has just started over the last week or two. I'm running iptv and have been for quite some time, this would happen on every channel, could it be a provider issue.

Baffles me why people still use it to be honest.
Would it surprise you to know that I still use it with absolutely no problems?
Would it surprise you to know that I have it on a H2S AND H52TC with no problems?
I have a Octagon SF8008 and this has just started over the last week or two. I'm running iptv and have been for quite some time, this would happen on every channel, could it be a provider issue.
Sometimes the version of open ATV changes, or you do a software update, or add a plugin, or delete a plugin and something gets corrupted. If it's been on a while with no problems, I would just reflash, it takes maybe 7 minutes.

If the circle is a regular thing, regardless of build ~ for me, the solution is to just reflash as it's so simple nowadays.

Im on mobile data at the moment and cannot open your photo but a spinning circle usually means something is running in the background.
Openwebif and click Terminal, type opkg update and click enter.
That may do the trick

You can still get the spinning circle even on fresh install even with machine with more than enough memory , could be even changing channel on iptv source stream not available it should go away eventually but sometimes can lock up the stb even worse on older stb's even with swap enabled at the end of the day it is just a busy pointer.

My advice would be to flash a clean image on one of the free multiboot partitions if you have a spare one.
That will eliminate any problems with your current image and build.

Hi Folks,
I started fooling around with my Vu Solo2 and flashed a few different images, however I had to return to wooshbuild as It suits my needs.
My problem is I cant connect through telnet, I always though that my IP address + Root + Dreambox + Port was enough to communicate with the receiver.
However, the password appears to be wrong as below:
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Can anyone advise on this issue or may have witnessed same.
I'd appreciate any help on this.

Regards
Suttsy

Hi Folks,
I started fooling around with my Vu Solo2 and flashed a few different images, however I had to return to wooshbuild as It suits my needs.
My problem is I cant connect through telnet, I always though that my IP address + Root + Dreambox + Port was enough to communicate with the receiver.

Regards
Suttsy
You need to set up a password in network

Hi Folks,

Regards
Suttsy
You have to set up a password on the box using the remote first.
Menu setup system network password setup

Hi guys, I would value a bIt of help. I’m using a Zgemma H2S, Open ATV 6.4, grogbuild and having problems downloading apps. The message says there is not enough memory on the internal drive. I’m not sure why this is. I have a 16gb usb initialised, swapped and it is active. I’ve checked the file system and it says the Ubi0:rootfs. only has 2.7m available! I don’t have IPTV or satellite, I just use it with for the apps and never had a problem downloading. Does anyone know what I need to doto free the memory on the internal drive? Thank you.

Hi guys, I would value a bIt of help. I’m using a Zgemma H2S, Open ATV 6.4, grogbuild and having problems downloading apps. The message says there is not enough memory on the internal drive. I’m not sure why this is. I have a 16gb usb initialised, swapped and it is active. I’ve checked the file system and it says the Ubi0:rootfs. only has 2.7m available! I don’t have IPTV or satellite, I just use it with for the apps and never had a problem downloading. Does anyone know what I need to doto free the memory on the internal drive? Thank you.
Is it a usb?
You can initialise it but bear in mind that all data will be wiped.
Menu, setup, system, storage devices, click on your usb/HDD and initialise it

Unless your using flash expander on the USB i think your lack of space is related to the receivers internal flash where without flash expander the plugins would install to.

Take a look and see if you can remove any plugins you dont use to free up some space.

Menu-setup-plugin-red button.

Also make sure thing like picons and your epg.dat live on the USB not the flash of the box.

Last edited:
Unless your using flash expander on the USB i think your lack of space is related to the receivers internal flash where without flash expander the plugins would install to.

Take a look and see if you can remove any plugins you dont use to free up some space.

Also make sure thing like picons and your epg.dat live on the USB not the flash of the box.

I am still using H2S myself but bare bones running latest ATV with cache flush & free sat only. Afraid the box is fairly old now & as previous comments mention, internal storage for plugins is limited. I have an SD card 64 GB set for recording & works fine but wouldn't try & ask too much of the old H2S, as soon as you do you'll probably be greeted with the spinning wheel of death!

Thank you, I've deleted most of the apps I dont use including all the languages and replaced the USB stick and replaced the IPTV folder seems to have done the trick (crossed fingers).

Thank you, I've deleted most of the apps I dont use including all the languages and replaced the USB and replaced the IPTV folder seems to have done the trick (crossed fingers).
Corrupt usb is quite common on old devices

Thank you, I've deleted most of the apps I dont use including all the languages and replaced the USB and replaced the IPTV folder seems to have done the trick (crossed fingers).
You said in post #34 that you don't use IPTV or satellite?
Do you mean the free IPTV players for movies and series?

Back