WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
One small problem I have had more than once now and I'm a bit baffled... I've set up 3 boxes thus far using this image as I like it (after I've tweaked and added to it)... After a few days of use I try and pause and it won't let me... I the check in file list as the memory stick is full... I have no recording and have just flicked channels so timeshift shouldn't have anything... File list shows up that I'm 100% full and when I delete all folders and sub folders it still says drive is full. I'm baffled as there shouldn't be anything on it, it's a 16gb Kingston and I've used them before on VIX image but have never faced this before. Anyone else had this problem?

One small problem I have had more than once now and I'm a bit baffled... I've set up 3 boxes thus far using this image as I like it (after I've tweaked and added to it)... After a few days of use I try and pause and it won't let me... I the check in file list as the memory stick is full... I have no recording and have just flicked channels so timeshift shouldn't have anything... File list shows up that I'm 100% full and when I delete all folders and sub folders it still says drive is full. I'm baffled as there shouldn't be anything on it, it's a 16gb Kingston and I've used them before on VIX image but have never faced this before. Anyone else had this problem?
How are you deleting the recordings? Manually, or through the GUI? However you are doing it, make sure it's not going into somekind of recycle bin.
The default setting is to allow huge timeshift files - You can adjust the settings to make them much smaller - It seems to keep the TS files when switching channel - I have no idea if this is expected behavior or not.

Thanks for the input... I have no recordings as haven't recorded anything, which is why I can't figure out what's taking up the space. I basically have to take the sub out, reformat on laptop and re-initialise/ set up again with the box.

Timeshift has an autorecord option - this records any channel you flip on to. Think you should set it to no since you are using a flash drive.

Timeshift-save action on zap should also be set as -- Don't save.

Again you might want to limit your timeshift buffer limit to 1hour and number of events to 1

I guess the offending files should be in your timeshift folder in EMC. It will show as pts_livebuffer_1. Again instead of reformatting on a laptop just re-initialise - this will wipe off everything on the flash drive.

Last edited:
itodoone is right, but the autorecord was never turned on if you follow the instructions. It even goes on to tell you about smaller USB sticks and running out of space.

Then change the remaining settings like so:
Enable Autorecord - no
Automatically start timeshift after - 2 seconds
Show warning when timeshift is stopped - no
Show status message when switch to live TV - no
Timeshift-save action on zap - Don't save
Stop timeshift while recording - no

If you are using a USB device of at least 64gb, you can leave the remaining settings as default so press the Green button (Save). Should you find you are unable to record after a few days, change the settings below

(change these if you cannot record due to lack of device space)
Use timeshift seekbar while timeshifting - yes
Timeshift buffer limit [in hours] - 2
Timeshift last events limit [number of events] - 2
Timeshift checking for older files [in minutes] - 15
Press the Green button (Save)

When changing channels the timeshift data is automatically deleted from the timeshift folder and starts again.

Hi there, I think i'm having an absolute nightmare here, Just cant seem to get the file unzipped!! Has anyone got any suggestions?

Hi Wooshman,

The image works superbly, and quite easy to setup following your instructions. Thanks again. The only thing which the box is doing at the moment which I cannot figure out - when i select a channel from the EPG menu, and hit ok - it changes channel - shows in the PIP top right as the correct channel - then when you hit the exit button on the remote to come out of the EPG, it keeps putting the TV to channel 113 for some reason. It doesn't matter which channel you select via the EPG, when you exit, it goes to channel 113. Any idea's what could be causing that and is there anyway to resolve?

Cheers

You have zap preview on in your settings. Press ok to preview. Press ok a second time to view that channel. If you don't want preview press menu button on that screen and change the settings

Hi Kiddac,

Thank you for confirming that, just tried it and works a treat :grin: Thank you for creating us all such a nice looking skin by the way. It really is the best around, and always grateful to good souls like yourself for the time you take out of your own schedule and lives to help others. Cheers.

Just posting to say just about to try this, need to post 1 message before being able to download wooshbuild V1. New to all this so wish me luck!

I changed my preview in the settings so it behaves like Sly does - there is a post somewhere where I asked where the setting was.

I am pleased the image is a success.

Hi Wooshman,

Thanks for taking the time to create a great build and comprehensive guide to help newbies like me. Everything works like a dream and Kiddac what a great skin, makes the transition for the Mrs even easier

Just got my receiver, looking forward to getting it up and running. Thank you wooshman for the guide

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

hey wooshman

how do you get your install_line.bat to work on openvix image ?
presuming i need to rename the host name or something instead of using ip address everytime
thanks

Edit the .bat file to point to the right keys folder.

so change this line:
cd usr/keys

I think it is var/keys but I am not sure.

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ----------

Just got my receiver, looking forward to getting it up and running. Thank you wooshman for the guide

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Let us know how you get on :-)

Good luck

I followed this guide and got every thing set up and working using a test line. However, after updating and rebooting my line is no longer working. I have tried restarting cams without success. Any advice on how to get this working again?

Run the line_installer.bat file again and follow that part of the instructions. This will FTP across the files again.

It isn't the image causing your issue though, but can't tell you the cause.

Run the line_installer.bat file again and follow that part of the instructions. This will FTP across the files again.

It isn't the image causing your issue though, but can't tell you the cause.
I've ran bat file and the line transferred but Sly channel aren't available. BBC etc working fine.

The other option is to try putting the line on again using the FTP method which is mentioned in the instructions but not covered, but to me sounds like it could be your test line??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back