WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see why it wont record and store to SD if you ever get it past 51%

There is a setting under recording menu: "Disk Space to reserve for recordings (in GB)". The default is 40GB. I guess when you have less than that, you might not be able to record

Hi. This is great. Thanks for this wooshman. However I do have an issue.

Firstly, it started on BBC2, but strangely it does not list any channels, until i come out of EPG and type 101 for BBC and then go back into the EPG and its all there.

Also how do you navigate through the EPG tabs at the top? I tried yesterday using kiddacs version and cannot seem to scroll on that either. Im at a loss!

View attachment 15616

This is exactly what mine did, didn't realise you need to push <PREV & NEXT> to move around the boquettes. Mine also stared on BBC2.

Last edited:
Hi. This is great. Thanks for this wooshman. However I do have an issue.

Firstly, it started on BBC2, but strangely it does not list any channels, until i come out of EPG and type 101 for BBC and then go back into the EPG and its all there.

Also how do you navigate through the EPG tabs at the top? I tried yesterday using kiddacs version and cannot seem to scroll on that either. Im at a loss!

View attachment 15616

This is exactly what mine did, didn't realise you need to push <PREV & NEXT> to move around the boquettes. Mine also stared on BBC2.

I can't tell you why to be honest, I could only guess at regions being different to those loaded already as down here it always loads BBC1 HD. A rescan after the region change should fix it though, although it is not actually broken.

Thanks for the feedback though. It helps for the future.

Easily fixed though Wooshman - it threw me a bit as I thought something was wrong! You might wanna say in your instructions that it might start on BBC2 HD and if you bring up the EPG and it starts with 'Last Scanned', just hit NEXT>

The only other issue I hit was selecting the external device for recording and pausing - when I did select the device, it did give some message about 'Invalid device' or something, but that was really me being an idiot and not reading that I'd actually entered the device and the folder was already created!

Must say mate - you've made this a very easy setup!!! I haven't setup line yet, I will try your method, but I do have a firm grasp of FTP, so if it doesn't work on Windows 10.

Otherwise, you the man. Fantastic!

Easily fixed though Wooshman - it threw me a bit as I thought something was wrong! You might wanna say in your instructions that it might start on BBC2 HD and if you bring up the EPG and it starts with 'Last Scanned', just hit NEXT>

The only other issue I hit was selecting the external device for recording and pausing - when I did select the device, it did give some message about 'Invalid device' or something, but that was really me being an idiot and not reading that I'd actually entered the device and the folder was already created!

Must say mate - you've made this a very easy setup!!! I haven't setup line yet, I will try your method, but I do have a firm grasp of FTP, so if it doesn't work on Windows 10.

Otherwise, you the man. Fantastic!
Instructions will be updated now - thanks for input.

Yeah selecting device was a hard bit to write as I couldn't be sure every device is the same, but I think on a whole it works.

Line Transfer works on win 10, 8 (eeew), 7 and prob vista too.

This guide was so simple to follow. Had a slight issue with my line but got it sorted.

Probably a noob question but what is the situation with HD channels not working?

Woosh
I knew I would have problems !...lol
Windows 10 won't download the files ?
All firewalls and smartscreen turned off but smartscreen is still blocking the download !
I downloaded it using windows 7 all ok.
Extracted files trying both WinRAR and winzip and sent to a file called H2S first using an 8gb USB and then a 32gb both formatted first.
Have tried power on/off at back and via remote plus front and back usb drives but everything I try , the machine just reboots and doesn't go into FLSH first ?
Something is not initialising but can't figure out what ?
Any ideas mate ?

Sly blocked HD channels so we have to be happy with SD only for premium channels. There are still loads of free to air HD ones. A small price to pay really for what we actually have,

More than happy.

I plugged my rear USB in before booting and this appeared to stop it from flashing, although not sure why as it was empty. It wasn't until i removed it and restarted that the front USB kicked in. May already be aware but im just mentioning in case someone does the same as i did.

Woosh
I knew I would have problems !...lol
Windows 10 won't download the files ?
All firewalls and smartscreen turned off but smartscreen is still blocking the download !
I downloaded it using windows 7 all ok.
Extracted files trying both WinRAR and winzip and sent to a file called H2S first using an 8gb USB and then a 32gb both formatted first.
Have tried power on/off at back and via remote plus front and back usb drives but everything I try , the machine just reboots and doesn't go into FLSH first ?
Something is not initialising but can't figure out what ?
Any ideas mate ?

When you say you extracted to a file called H2S.....?

You should right click the zip file and 'extract here'(winrar). A folder called zgemmaH2S_Image will appear, now within that folder find the folder called 'zgemma'. Copy that folder 'zgemma' to the USB stick. Pop that in the front and boot. You should see FLSH almost straight away.

Also, is your USB stick FAT32 formatted? If not sure, stick it in a PC or laptop, find it in computer, right click it and go to format. Make sure FAT32 is selected.

You don't have the storage USB drive in the back as well do you? Make sure that's out for the flash.

Last edited:
We have sorted it. He had a folder called H2S on the usb with the zgemma folder in that. Moved the folder to the root of the usb and all should be good.

A big thank you to Wooshman for helping with my inability to read things in the correct order !
More haste less speed should be my motto from now on.
All up and running as it should and looks very good,(y)

Just got my line files and used the batch file to transfer - got the Windows firewall message and accepted. Sly started working straight away after following procedure !!! Very easy.

Just got my line files and used the batch file to transfer - got the Windows firewall message and accepted. Sly started working straight away after following procedure !!! Very easy.

Good job, I am pleased it worked without issue.

Hi all my box was working fine for a week or so then it has stopped i dont think it recognizes my line any more even reinstalling new flash still no joy NO ECM INFO
Iput the details address user password etc into an openbox and it works fine
Help

Hi, just bought a Zgemma H.2S - want to download the software/skin - whatever! Need to post before I can apparently? So here's a post! Hope this is enough!
It looks great - hope it works....

Thanks guys for your hard work.

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 AM ----------

Just posted and now trying to download the WooshBuild v1 - it still says I can't! Any help appreciated..

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 AM ----------

Hi - any help please? Why can't I download the image?

Just a big thank you for this build.
Complete novice here but managed to get everything setup and have my line working now.
At the moment am trying to figure out how to get the channels in the same order as Sly but google is my friend ;=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back