WooshBuild v2.02 For Zgemma 2S - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not something I have ever tried to be honest so don't even know if it will work but that is the screen shot I get when using OpenATV 5.1

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

I'm not sure if that will work for my backup I have both zgemma folder for usb flash and the imagebackups folder with the openatv zipfile inside it. Albrad let us know if that works.

Portal update

ressing the portal button now works but not sure I will ever use it seeing what it produces
If you mean 4 million apps that seem to stream TV, yes that was what I got. Not what we get on the H2S, we get a simple menu in the middle of the screen showing extensions we can click.

Pressing portal brings up all those Apps as you say.
By pressing Menu you can change then into a list view with icons or by pressing the red button you get a text list.
This list seems to consist of feeds catogorised into languages.

what a clever box:)

By pressing Menu you can change then into a list view with icons or by pressing the red button you get a text list.
This list seems to consist of feeds categorised into languages.

I knew that..... errrrr NOT.

I don't actually have a 2S so can't test it now, but if it is useful and works, that's all that matters.
Thanks for the info :-)

It is not something I have ever tried to be honest so don't even know if it will work but that is the screen shot I get when using OpenATV 5.1

Let us know how you get on and good luck.

I tried this from a "stock" zgemma 2s and ended up stuck at a "boot" with a black screen.. Fortunately i eventually manged to persuade one of my USB sticks to format correctly and reflashed from that and all is perfect now. Only thing that seems different for me is that when i click the portal button it just tells me "media portal" is not installed.. (i'm not with the box at the moment so can't be sure exactly)..

Have i missed a step somewhere?

thanks for this awesome image btw!!

I tried this from a "stock" zgemma 2s and ended up stuck at a "boot" with a black screen.. Fortunately i eventually manged to persuade one of my USB sticks to format correctly and reflashed from that and all is perfect now. Only thing that seems different for me is that when i click the portal button it just tells me "media portal" is not installed.. (i'm not with the box at the moment so can't be sure exactly)..
Have i missed a step somewhere?
thanks for this awesome image btw!!

You have quoted from a post with was in reference to someone flashing from a image stored on the HDD
can this image be put on usb and flashed from openatv back up folder
i have done this with vix and mtpockts images as back usb burnt out

Are you talking about the portal button to bring up the menu in the middle of the screen like NickM was talking about? If so you have confirmed that the portal button by default doesn't do anything except bring up the message you mention. So you haven't broken it as it doesn't work in the first place. If you go to plugins and install what the portal button says is missing you will see what NickM is talking about and you can also try his button presses he posted in post #24 to change what you see.

Are you talking about the portal button to bring up the menu in the middle of the screen like NickM was talking about? If so you have confirmed that the portal button by default doesn't do anything except bring up the message you mention. So you haven't broken it as it doesn't work in the first place. If you go to plugins and install what the portal button says is missing you will see what NickM is talking about and you can also try his button presses he posted in post #24 to change what you see.

Hey sorry, yes that's what i was referring to, but don't worry about it.. It's not a function i use anyway.

I did have one question that i can't seem to find an answer to if you don't mind? If i press the power button to put the box in standby.. will it still record anything i've got set up with timers or auto timers?

many thanks!

Hi, I can't get my line to work with this image when using newcamd.list, my line is active and was working with Sucmnsee's image but with your one it doesn't seem to work. I have used filezilla and can confirm the line is inserted into the newcamd.list in the proper way of CWS=. However when I put in the same line in the format of N: in a ccam.cfg file it works.

Brilliant. Just sorted out my Zgemma that had stopped working. Thank you.

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ----------

Brilliant. Just sorted out my Zgemma that had stopped working. Thank you.

Hey sorry, yes that's what i was referring to, but don't worry about it.. It's not a function i use anyway.

I did have one question that i can't seem to find an answer to if you don't mind? If i press the power button to put the box in standby.. will it still record anything i've got set up with timers or auto timers?

many thanks!

Yes it will still record. Although in standby, it is only an eyes closed standby and not a full asleep standby so will sort itself out when it needs to record.

Yes it will still record. Although in standby, it is only an eyes closed standby and not a full asleep standby so will sort itself out when it needs to record.

Brilliant, thank you.

I seem to have one more problem.. When i first set this up, i had a USB stick in the back.. i've since replaced that with a USB HDD.. it seems to keep switching back to the USB Stick which is no longer there. I keep having to go to timeshift settings and pointing it back at the HDD... any ideas? I'm wondering if it's down to the drive going to sleep?

I've just had a look on FTP and i have 2 locations

/mnt/usb - This should not exist..(i don't think)
/mnt/hdd - This is my 2tb USB HDD

Is there anyway to get rid of /mnt/usb or am i looking at this all wrong?

Edit : I've deleted it via FTP.. lets see what happens

Last edited:
Is it possible to use autoboquets maker instead of the 2.8 one on the 2s? I've tried to use it but my box crashes every time I scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wooshbiuld local flash

I'm not sure if that will work for my backup I have both zgemma folder for usb flash and the imagebackups folder with the openatv zipfile inside it. Albrad let us know if that works.
wooshbuild up and running on 2s
with local flash

Last edited:
All done and dusted on my new star 2s. I know it says wait and wait some more for the picon files to complete but it's been well over an hour now. Is this normal?

Buckham
What size of USB/HDD are you using ?
My 32gb USB did the picons in about 15 mins from memory ?

32gb. After so long (80-90mins) the box rebooted itself so trying again....

---------- Post Merged at 04:50 PM ----------

The loading spinner kept showing every now and then so i presumed it was working still just at an unusually slow rate

Sounds like something amiss there.
Think there is @ 7000 picons in the file so at normal rate using a 32gb usb it should finish in max 15 mins.
I downloaded wrong file at first attempt and that loaded in 2 mins !

This one appears to have gone through except on the data thats just been thrown up on the screen i a lot say *operation not permitted*
*extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from ./picon(whichever channel the picon was for)

The file woosh says to download isn't there. the only one i could see that was closest had all the same numbers but colours said dark.on.blue instead of light on transparent i believe it was

It was there in the version I used ?
Made the mistake of not having glasses on and downloaded snp instead of snr or similar.
Went towards end of list and found the exact file there but had to look carefully.
I did have the original test version file tho so maybe he has updated after that ?
Have another look thru towards the end of the files and see if you can locate it.
If def not there I still have the original file I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back