WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wooshman,

May seem like a silly question here!

If I have a H2H but only at this stage want to make use of Sky, which build should I be installing please?

The reason that I am asking is because I have already installed H2H version and added my CWS line but getting no channels.

I know that the line works as I got it from my F3 box. Also an obvervation, on the F3 box, it is within the CCam file but within these instructions, it advises to put the file in the Ncamlist file.

regards BL

Last edited:
Just a quick 2 questions... As my box runs sweet.
I'm planning on backing up my box and restoring on another new box.
When restoring on the new box do I just insert the USB and start a flash like in the beginning of the tutorial or do I need to do anything else before restoring to a virgin untouched zgemma h2s?
Also would I just need to setup the swap file and initialise a new USB for EPG n stuff once the restore is complete?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Thank you Wooshman,

You have always replied to my posts quickly and happy to help out whenever I have questions, so much appreciated.

I shall give it ago, although I thought it might be a setting thing, as I have managed to get FTW channels on the sky connection ( I do not intend to use the cable at this stage) so was hoping there maybe something that I need to check over, if possible.

Thanks and kind regards BL.

The H2H version of WooshBuild uses Autobouquet Maker so you can follow any guides and settings for that.

Maybe try Dsayers build, he has one with swanky dual EPG downloads and was built by a user who has a H2H, unlike me. It is in the downloads section and has it's own thread.

I really am no use when it comes to the H2H I am afraid, sorry.

If you're not intending to use the cable tuner then this build should be fine you should only need to disable tunerb then follow the rest of this guide. When your ready for cable just enable tunerb and setup your netid then disable autobouqete e2 and enable autobouqete marker in providers sky uk: choose your area custom not sd or HD with generate bouquets then virgin uk your netid generate bouquets green to save then configure check include not indexed channels to is yes then providers order move roi to the top then start scan

Thank you Dsayers,

Actually have also downloaded your build and it is excellent and would like to make use of it moving forward, one a good cable signal provider comes through.

I presume until I get a VM provider, this is the build to make use of ?

Also any ideas why I am not getting anything other than FTW channels. I have just checked the softcam area and get the following message ( please see attached).

2905.jpg

Kind regards BL.

I thought I had.

I added the file to a blank usb and went to the cam inport option.

Let me try again now.

Regards BL.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ----------

Hi Dsayers,

I tried again and can confirm that the option is now their. Although I am still only able to view FTW channels.

At the bottom of the channel for Sly 1 for example, you do get the message that a signal is being received buy no images.

Is this possibly a settings issue?

I thought I had.

I added the file to a blank usb and went to the cam inport option.

Let me try again now.

Regards BL.

Are you viewing sd channels not hd it may sound daft but others have done it. I'm not sure other than check you have the correct line details and contact your provider to see if he's having issues with the server

Hi Dsayers,

I can confirm the channels are now working. What I was doing wrong was to put the C Line in the incorrect format. As soon as formated the cline as a Cline and not NWS line the channels started working.

A big thank you to yourself and Wooshman as well as other forum members who have kindly and patiently help me make good of my box.

Kind regards BL.

Are you viewing sd channels not hd it may sound daft but others have done it. I'm not sure other than check you have the correct line details and contact your provider to see if he's having issues with the server

dsayers2014 build for the H2H is my recommendation for your H2H box instead of using the WooshBuild H2H version

Reasons:

1. He has worked some voodoo with the EPG and you only have one to look through for both Sky and Vm instead of two
2. It was built on an H2H box unlike the WooshBuild H2H version
3. He knows what he is talking about with VM, I have no idea as I can't get cable and therefore cannot actually support it
4. There will be no future H2H versions of WooshBuild and you need something to replace it
5. He is a nice bloke and doesn't seem to bite like I do.

Other than that, for your H2S, 2S, and S box, WooshBuild all the way :-)

Last edited:
Thanks Wooshman,

Yes Dsaysers is a nice block and helpful like you are as well!

I was under the impression I needed to make use of this build in the event that I currently do not have a cable connection at the moment.

By the way, I noticed a couple of things today regarding the build that hopefully you are able to help out with.

Firstly, when I switched off the box, I needed to reinstall the gift and secondly, some of the channels do not cover the whole screen.

Any ideas as to why this might be the case please?

regards BL.

dsayers2014 build for the H2H is my recommendation for your H2H box instead of using the WooshBuild H2H version

Reasons:

1. He has worked some voodoo with the EPG and you only have one to look through for both Sky and Vm instead of two
2. It was built on an H2H box unlike the WooshBuild H2H version
3. He knows what he is talking about with VM, I have no idea as I can't get cable and therefore cannot actually support it
4. There will be no future H2H versions of WooshBuild and you need something to replace it
5. He is a nice bloke and doesn't seem to bite like I do.

Other than that, for your H2S, 2S, and S box, WooshBuild all the way :-)

That happened to me after I installed the Sly Q skin. I just reinstalled from scratch and it resolved the issue

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That happened to me after I installed the Sly Q skin. I just reinstalled from scratch and it resolved the issue

you mean you reset the box to factory settings ?
After this happened it wouldn't complete the Wooshbuild install so I installed stock then Wooshbuild. That was about a month ago and I've had no issues since

cant add cline

hi Wooshman. the instructions are fantastic. but i am stuck on adding a Cccam line i have added it to my flashed usb in the fule that you said but when i transfer over i can only find mgcamd 1.38r1 in the plugin and no cam. therefore the sky channels do not work. can you please help. i defaulted the ccam file that you gave to notepad and savedmy clines to notepad. am i do something wRong. can anyone HELP. PLEASSSSE

WooshBuild v3.03 Final - FULLY Configured

Posting of this tutorial on any site except TechKings is not allowed. Copying in full or in part is strictly prohibited
I do name and shame

Includes BaseBuild - Never flash WooshBuild from a USB again
and transferring your line just got as easy as it can get

Built for the
Zgemma H2S / HS

v3.01 image for the H2H now available

Just 7 steps for a new user
Only 4 steps for an existing user
Then only 3 steps for every update after that

Current version level v3.03 Final
18 April 2016

Are you updating WooshBuild v3.xx to the latest version?
Start from Step 4

BBC1 HD - BBC2 & BBC Alba problem click here

What's new in WooshBuild v3.03 Final:

• Latest channel scan and custom_swap done to fix BBC 1, 2 and Alba issue for England on the EPG
  • IPTV Player Feeds tailored by Benijofar - Gold Movies added
  • KodiDirect, IPTV Player and system updates up to date

What's new in WooshBuild v3.02 Final:

• IPTV Player - Feeds tailored by Benijofar
  • MUTV HD & UK available and swapped with SD
  • KodiDirect, IPTV Player and system updates up to date
  • Zgemma H2H image now available via online flash. Same instructions (nearly) I cannot support the H2H as I have no access to VM, but it has been tested without issue.

What's new in WooshBuild v3.01 Final:

• Flash online menu has simple options - Menu Options have changed - Instructions updated
  • The unique "-USB Cam Importer-" is now at the top of the plugins list
  • Minor updates made to menus
  • CacheFlush is back on the Plugins screen
  • All OpenATV updates up to date at time of uploading
  • AutoBouquet E2 update time changed to 11:45am
  • CorssEPG update time changed to 12:45pm

What's new in WooshBuild v3.00:

• WooshBuild v3.00 and all future updates will be downloaded and flashed all from your box online
  • WooshBuild v3.00 and all future updates are FULLY configured reducing setup time to minutes
  • The unique "USB Cam Importer" transfers your line file straight from a USB stick onto the box - Then to really blow your mind it starts the cam for you
  • The ability to flash this and future releases of WooshBuild in minutes without leaving your seat or loosing your settings
  • Channel 5 HD as channel number 105
  • Initial boot screen is no longer blank

What's included in v3.xx

• OpenATV 5.1 Fully updated (at time or release)
  • Slyk HD v3 complete with Sky EPG Tabs - Kiddac
  • Sky Channel numbers on the EPG
  • AutoBouquests e2 (28.8e - Pre-scanned to get you up an running quickly)
  • Random Audio Description turned off for all channels
  • HDMI CEC configured. Put your TV in standby at the same time as your box (TV dependent)
  • CrossEPG 0.6.2 - Locked so over the air updates will not replace with a newer version
  • CrossEPG Slyk v3 Skin applied - Kiddac
  • mgcamd_1.38r1
  • CCcam 2.3.0
  • CacheFlush - pre-configured and in silent mode - hidden
  • IPTV Player - Installed and ready to go
  • KodiDirect - Installed and ready to go
  • Panic button to take you back to BBC1 and delete History Zap when you press the 0 button. This is instant
  • Pre-configured for use with an 8gb usb drive although as large as possible is better.
  • USB Cam Importer Plugin - Add your line from a usb stick and let the plugin start it for you

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Most questions have been answered before on WooshBuild v1 and v2. Please do not post questions that have already been answered time and time again for common non image related issues.
This thread is NOT to provide support for:

• IPTV Player or KodiDirect
  • Plugins which are not installed as standard
  • FTP transfers - This image does not need FTP
  • Formatting a USB to fat32 - Windows issue
  • SD cards or Micro SD cards
  • Box not flashing - answered a million times all over the forum - search for it - (See post #10 for help if you are still stuck)

• Please don't ask those questions in here. They WILL NOT be answered.
  • Any posts such as these will be requested to be deleted by mods
  • Any other problems that are not WooshBuild related, please search the forum and then create a new thread for your issue

This thread is for supporting the installation of BaseBuild & WooshBuild v3.xx and additional image configuration if required.

You need this file to start:

BaseBuild Download: Click Here to go to downloads

How it works:

To allow WooshBuild image updates to be available online you need to flash BaseBuild - This is a one time flash. This is a very small 60mb image which includes the magic required to let your box flash WooshBuild from the internet and leave you sitting on the sofa. Once this has flashed, you basically go to online updates using your remote and choose the latest WooshBuild version from the list - select it and the box does the rest.

When you have flashed BaseBuild once, you do not have to do it again unless you mess something up. Each release of WooshBuild will contain the same online flash method, I just needed a way to add it to your box the easiest, simplest way.

Each new WooshBuild release can be used as a new users image or an existing users upgrade.

What is required

• Ideally two USB drives (Sticks/Flash Drives/Pen Drive) whatever you want or call them. I will call them "Flash USB stick" and "Main USB Stick"

• A small USB stick is all that is required to Flash your box using this image - an 512mb will do.

• A larger USB device is advised 16GB bare minimum for recording / pause and rewind.
  • [STRIKE]And some double sided sticky tape, no, that is for Blue Peter projects, ignore that![/STRIKE]

• DO NOT use a miro SD card for any of these steps as it wont work. You can setup your micro SD card after your have WooshBuild on your box.
  • Questions about micro SD cards for flashing will be ignored - See post #45 for the full reason why a micro SD card won't work. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT micro SD CARDS FOR INSTALLATION
  • It was also brought to my attention some time ago that using an SD card to USB adapter didn't work either. I cannot confirm this but do suggest using good old USB sticks.
  • USB 3.0 USB sticks may not flash from the front usb port. If it won't flash, use the rear port. One report was it worked in the front but not the back - Hey, go figure

Connect your box
Satellite cables - top left, bottom right as marked below, the power lead, hdmi lead and network cable.
View attachment 16506

Feel free to turn it on, have a look around press a few buttons. Whatever you do at the moment will get removed when you flash the box using any image. When you have finished playing, I mean learning, turn off the box using the power button at the back.

Lets get this show on the road

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Install Instructions - These instructions will wipe any usb data you have.

(Existing WooshBuild Users - Backup your settings NOW - Blue Button -> Backup Settings -> OK button. Takes about 3 minutes. - Do not initialise your USB device in step 1)

----- STEP 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to flash BaseBuild
- The starting point of WooshBuild v3 and all future WooshBuilds

BaseBuild Download: WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild

1. Make a folder on your desktop called "basebuild" and extract the contents of the zip file into this new folder.
2. Format a spare USB stick ("Flash USB Stick") using the Fat32 file system - ideally this USB stick can be kept safe in a drawer should you need to re-flash your box at anytime.
3. Copy the zgemma folder and it's entire contents from the basebuild folder on your desktop to the USB stick

IMPORTANT: The contents of the usb stick should now contain:

A zgemma folder
----------- Inside that is a folder called h3
--------------------- Inside that folder are 5 files

4. With your box turned off, put the Flash USB stick into the zgemmaH2S box using the front USB port (the one behind the flap) If you are using a USB 3.0 usb stick you will have to use the rear port to flash

5. Turn on the Box and wait for the letters FLSH to appear on the front screen. It will then change to boot after a minute or two. Once booted remove the Flash USB stick from the front of box and keep in a safe place

6. You box is now flashed and running BaseBuild, the BaseBuild logo will be on your TV.

View attachment 16507

From now on, you now longer need to use USB sticks to flash WooshBuild images as it is all done via the box and over the air.

----- STEP 2 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting ready to Flash WooshBuild v3.xx

Because WooshBuild v3.xx and future updates will be pre-configured there are two steps that need doing before you flash online. Initialising your USB and creating a swap file.

(Existing Users which already have a USB stick with data on - DO NOT initialise your usb device)

1. If not done already, remove the USB stick from the front port and insert second usb into rear port, this will be the "Main USB stick"

2. Press the Blue button -> Harddisk -> Initialisation -> OK button -> Red Button (Initialise) -> OK Button

The above step is really really important, miss this and you will have problems throughout!
View attachment 16522

View attachment 16521
Your USB stick is now being initialised for use with the Zgemma box. This will be used for pause, rewind and the recording of programs, it is also used for the swap file, EPG data and picons. Time to complete this step varies depending on the size of the device. You will be returned to "quick launch menu" when complete.
3. Press the Exit button once to return to the fullscreen BaseBuild logo.

----- STEP 3 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating a swap file

(Existing Users - if you already use a swap file, skip this step)

Menu -> Info Panel -> Plugins -> SwapManager -> Create (green button) -> OK Button -> Highlight 256mb and press OK Button
While this is happening, please take note that the text will read: "Wait please while creating swapfile..."View attachment 16508
After a few minutes (depending on device speed and swap size selected) this text changes to "Enable Swap at startup" and you can move to next step.
Press the Red Button (Activate) - Note the Status will turn green and change to Active
Press the Yellow Button (Autostart) - You will have this on your screenView attachment 16509
Now Press the Exit button 4 times to return to the TV

RESTART YOUR BOX! - Have you done it yet? Do it now! - Press and hold the standby button then select Restart to restart the box.

----- STEP 4 --------------- If upgrading backup your settings first -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Upgrading from v3.xx to latest build? - Backup your settings NOW - Blue Button -> Backup Settings -> OK button. Takes about 3 minutes.)

OK so let's Flash WooshBuild v3.xx ONLINE

1. Blue button -> Flash Online/Local -> Green button (Online) -> Highlight latest Wooshbuild image. (In this case WooshBuild v3.xx)

If you are an H2H user, please select the H2H version of WooshBuild. Additional instructions for you are at the bottom of this post.
View attachment 16523

View attachment 16524
2. Press Green button (Flash)

WooshBuild will now download directly from the servers and you will see the progress indicator

Once downloaded, press the Green button (OK)
View attachment 16525
You will now see 3 options, highlight option 2 and press the OK button.View attachment 16526
Unzipping file, please wait... will be displayed at the top of the screen for about 20 secondsView attachment 16527
The "ofgwrite Flashing Tool" screen appears with two progress bars while the image is flashed to your box.View attachment 16528

Your box will finally reboot.

When your box has fully restared you will see BBC1 HD. Your box is now fully configured and ready for use.

Please note, I always build at night with the volume turned down to 0. Please turn your volume up.

(Existing Users - Restore your settings: Blue Button -> Restore Settings -> Yes -> OK - this takes a little while and your box will reboot. If asked to restore plugins, say NO. You may have to re-install these manually)

Existing users and upgrades are now finished and using WooshBuild v3.xx

----- STEP 5 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Set EPG storage Location

1. Press the Menu button -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure
You will arrive here
View attachment 16836
2. Press the left or right direction button on the remote to select your USB device. What yours is called will differ from the screen shot.View attachment 16835
3. Press the Red button (back) to return to the menu.

Scroll down to Download now and press the OK button to begin a scan.
View attachment 16837

Your EPG store location is now set to the USB device.

----- STEP 6 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing your TV Region

1. Press the Green button -> Highlight AutoBouqets E2 -> OK button -> Menu button

2. Now use the left and right arrows to select your TV region then press the Green Button (OK)
View attachment 16529
3. Now press the Green button (Start) and the OK button to start the scanView attachment 16501
Exit back to TV when the scan finishes.

----- STEP 7 ------ This is the hardest part to explain. Please read and digest this information as it will help you. ----------------

All of the information you need to do this step is below - if you cannot do it, read it again and then try again.

Adding your line / gift / cam - Whatever you want to call it

WooshBuild v3+ comes with a unique USB Cam importer plugin. This copies your cccam.cfg or newcamd.list file from a USB stick to the correct location of /usr/keys. It then starts the cam for you. The advantage of this plugin is there is no longer a need to FTP your line across which will stop problems, questions and frustration.

Your Line provider has either sent you your line details as plain text in an email or sent you a file. Depending on the line type depends on which file you need on your USB stick.
I have included both the cccam.cfg and newcamd.list files for download. Enter your line details in the file you need, or simply copy the file your provider sent you to your USB stick

View attachment 16500

If the details you were sent look something like:N: speed5411.server.org 18000 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
orC: speed5411.server.org 18000 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You need to open the cccam.cfg file, paste your details in and then save the file on to your Flash USB Stick
If the details you were sent look something ilke:CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = quickness.server.net 56845 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1
You need to open the newcamd.list file, paste your details in, save the file and copy it to your Flash USB Stick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using the Plugin - This plugin will only work on a Zgemma box running WooshBuild v3+

Put your TV channel to Sky 1 - Done it?

Insert your Flash USB Stick into the front port on the box.

When you insert the USB stick you may see a popup message "No displayable files on this medium found!" - This is to be expected and can be ignored
View attachment 16591

Press the Green button to open the plugins page

Highlight USB Cam Importer and press the OK button.

Providing your have a cccam.cfg or newcamd.list file on the USB stick, the plugin will copy the file as required to the location needed.

Your screen will flicker once and your line details are correct you should see Sky 1 in the little back window.
View attachment 16512
If the plugin tells you that a file has not been found, please check what you have done and try again. The plugin looks for 2 files on the USB stick - cccam.cfg and newcamd.list. Your line details must be in one of these files on the stick. For the line to work you must have the correct line type in the correct file.

C: or N: - cccam.cfg
CWS - newcamd.list
View attachment 16513
Once complete, press the exit button back to the TV.
That is now all there is to adding your line to this and all future WooshBuild images.

Your box is now using WooshBuild v3.xx

Updating your system software
The final step whenever you want to do it is to check for OpenATV updates. Over the air updates are safe to do with OpenATV and I do suggest you do them from time to time.

Blue button -> Software update -> Green button when list is populated.
Then when updated have been installed press OK button twice.

Want Picons? Click here as the instructions are on page 4 and you might miss them

Zgemma H2H - WooshBuild v3.01 H2H
Kieronthomas who tested the H2H version very kindly put together the additions steps needed to add VM to your EPG and get it all working. Please download and follow the VM setup instructions. This is for WooshBuild H2H image users only. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmkxsu2naydlnis/H2H VM Setup.pdf?dl=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----:look here:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits & Acknowledgments

Kiddac for his untouchable Slyk 1 HD v3 Skin making moving from mainstream provider to Zgemma simple - so simple even your misses will agree.
Kiddac for my boot logo and BaseBuild Logo
Kiddac for his guide when I first started out.
Everyone who used WooshBuild v1, v2 and v2.5, the feedback given is the reason for v3.xx.
Kieronthomas for creating the required steps needed to run WooshBuild in the H2H with VM

A very special thank you to Benifojar for his hours and hours alpha and beta testing for online flashing, USB Cam importer testing, BaseBuild testing, backing up settings, confusing the hell out of each other, getting out of his seat to swap USB sticks and for testing his arse off like you wouldn't believe. We got there in the end Beni! Thank you!
:yes!:​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the update, so are you saying j should fully reflash? From start using usb?

You don't need to do all the USB stuff now you are running WooshBuild, hat is the good thing about it.

1. Backup your settings:
Blue button -> Backup Settings

2. Flash Online / Local
Blue button (if not already there) -> Flash Online / Local -> Green Button -> Select WooshBuild v3.03 H2S -> Green button again.

3. Restore settings
One the flash has rebooted your box
Blue button -> Restore settings. If it asks you if you want to restore plugins say no. You may have to add any extra plugins you added again.

This has been done over 5 times with still no luck fixing EPG. Now every channel says 'ninja warrior' showing on each channel? What's the best fix now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back