WooshBuild v4.00 ALPHA Release - OpenATV 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like the IPTV updater but cannot scroll through the pages using next button for some reason?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Settings didnt work but epg was fine ??? Ever thing working magic dont think u need to much tweeking

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have just updated the first post with a link for those people who would like to install the new basebuild version V4 Alpha which is fully tested and working but again would like some feedback from members.

I anyone fancies trying the following and reporting back:

1. Keep your existing settings backup that you made before flashing Alpha - don't make a new one.
2. Flash online the WooshBuild v4 Alpha again.
3. Run online updates from OpenATV - box restarts
4. Try and restore settings
Hi did the above then blue button mounts device manager remount hdd reboot restored backup I have 2 h2s boxes done this 4 time never fails.

Tam, Thank you for the update, funnily enough I have just gone down that route and it worked for me also. But I just need to make it work for everyone without the faffing. I am hoping that with it finding the settings backup I will be able to create a new flash image and it is happy. I will let you know in about 30 mins :-)

Thanks again.

Hi woosh
Everyone should be thanking you the work you put into this is fantastic
You have made everything so easy for us just get better and better every
Update.
Your the man.

In addition to Beni's post about BaseBuild v4 Alpha, you get to try the new Easy Setup plugins.

When you have flashed BaseBuild to your box, simply press the green button to goto the plugins screen.

At the top of the list you will see plugin 1 and plugin 2.

Select 1 and follow the screen instructions - the last step of this is a reboot.

Then run the second plugin to flash WooshBuild.

Again though, there is no support for this at present and a bit of experience might be needed. But if you can do it without instructions it is a good thing :-)

Just used the new basebuild and easy setup worked like a dream thankyou

Last edited:
To restore my settings I just went into software management, advance options, and then advance restore.. Now you can select the back up you need..

Last edited:
To restore my settings I just went into software management, advance options, and then advance restore.. Now you can select the back up you need..

Sorry techno I meant to post before now but the issue has been fixed now, I did it last night but went to bed before after uploading so never posted. Before the fix you wouldn't have been able to see the backup even in advanced settings.

For info the just before creating the image my box decided it would mess about with the mounts - I must have messed with something for it to break as 5 days earlier, as Beni has posted, everything was fine.

Last edited:
I managed to eventually get my channels sorted and in the right order, the massive deluge of rain blocking my sky signal for a while gave me a scare, one thing I've noticed is that the region northern Ireland ITV region is incorrect and should be UTV
Correction bbc1 and bbc2 are in the wrong channels bbc1 is 102 and bbc1 is 101 also it should be BBC 1 NI
Hope that makes sense

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Did you run the country/region plugin ?
Reset your region after selection and run epg then crosspeg and let us know the results please.
Nobody else has reported any issue with this.

WooshBuild v4.002 Alpha is now available to flash online.

Fixed the huge issue of not being able to restore your settings.
Fixed the issue where the old boot screens from the settings backup were replacing the new ones
A couple of tweaks.

Just installed v4.002.
Everything went smoothly, restored settings just fine and yes the new bootloader was still there after restore.

A quick note is that changing channels is still a few seconds slower than with v3.

The only other thing I have noticed is that the picons have disappeared from the info bar although they are still showing in the epg.
I've looked and I can't seem to find a setting to change this.

Other than that everything else seems to be be working just fine from the very brief use up to now.
I'll update should I find anything with further use but the initial bugs seems to be fixed thank you :)

Edit: I have just found the info bar settings in osd settings and show picons says yes but they do not show on the info bar.

Last edited:
Thanks Harkwind.

The picon part is a minor problem and is already fixed but not uploaded as I am still playing. The new Slyk skin v4 from Kiddac has changed the picon in the top left of the EPG to Sky logo, which looks better imo. I have also put the picons back on the info bar.

Just installed v4.002.
Everything went smoothly, restored settings just fine and yes the new bootloader was still there after restore.

A quick note is that changing channels is still a few seconds slower than with v3.

The only other thing I have noticed is that the picons have disappeared from the info bar although they are still showing in the epg.
I've looked and I can't seem to find a setting to change this.

Other than that everything else seems to be be working just fine from the very brief use up to now.
I'll update should I find anything with further use but the initial bugs seems to be fixed thank you :)

youll need to edit the extras.xml in slyk1hd for picons on infobar have a look at kiddacs thread on how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back