Would Formuler Z7+ be an upgrade from VU Solo2 E2 purely for IPTV?

Hey Guys,

I've had my Vu Solo2 E2 box for many years, back from the CC days. It's a superb box and can do a lot but it's clearly not optimised for IPTV. It doesn't seem to handle all streams well, recording doesn't work well with service pack and it can get stuck a bit between changing from some channels to others. It gets completely stuck on every channel after an hour or so of play which I think is a known E2 issue. In addition, it's a ball ache to get my particular VPN working on it.

So I've been wondering, will a formuler Z7+ be an 'upgrade' purely for IPTV? I've read a fair amount on the Z7+. I have a very good Panasonic OLED which has all apps available like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube etc,, so I won't really be using it for anything other than IPTV and it's VOD (and getting my VPN working).. Possibly some variant of kodi. My TV is 4K so I'm hoping it could handle good source content, although I realise there's not much if any, genuine 4k streams available. I have ethernet available so the wifi isn't a thing. I've read the EPG can be a bit 'slow' but other than that, I'm not sure if there are any other shortcomings? I know it doesn't have MOL2 but I feel like the Z8 is overpriced at around £120 when you can get a shield for an extra tenner.

One question I did have on the Z7+ - can you hide/move/select different bouquets? Jedi and E2 is superb for that on the VU.

Any input would be welcome. Thanks guys!

I moved to a z7+ from a h2s a couple of years ago, massive improvement for iptv imo.

An absolute doddle to set up compared to enigma2 devices, you'll have no trouble getting iptv and vpn up and running on it. You can use the MyTvonline app or iptv providers own android apps for iptv, some allow you to hide certain channel groups eg I think smarters lets you do it via the content lock settings.

Solo2 original is a cracking box so i dont see why it cant run iptv as even a crappy h2 can.

I dont use iptv so cannot comment.

Solo2 original is a cracking box so i dont see why it cant run iptv as even a crappy h2 can.

I dont use iptv so cannot comment.

As a wise man once said....

Although people run IPTV on a enigma 2 box they are not the best boxes for IPTV for the simple reason the images were originally designed for sat and cable subs.

It is a crying shame and the fact I'm even asking if a box that retails for about a third of it's price is an upgrade tells it's own story.

It works and Jedi combined with Xstreamity is an absolute game changer for E2 but they still fall a little short for some of the reasons I mentioned in my OP.

As a wise man once said....

It is a crying shame and the fact I'm even asking if a box that retails for about a third of it's price is an upgrade tells it's own story.

It works and Jedi combined with Xstreamity is an absolute game changer for E2 but they still fall a little short for some of the reasons I mentioned in my OP.
You obviously have some issue with your E2 setup, I have never had any channel lockup (after an hour or more), recording iptv no issues, and yes vpn setup is not as simple as on an android app but far from complicated

You obviously have some issue with your E2 setup, I have never had any channel lockup (after an hour or more), recording iptv no issues, and yes vpn setup is not as simple as on an android app but far from complicated

Interesting.

Re: VPN set up the ease of set up is determined by supplier imo. I may re-look at this.

Last edited:
been running iptv on solo2 genuine box for years no lockups,could be provider problems,vpn also works no problem through open vpn or xe aio app,so can run iptv no problems.

been running iptv on solo2 genuine box for years no lockups,could be provider problems,vpn also works no problem through open vpn or xe aio app,so can run iptv no problems.
I also get the issue after 60 minutes of IPTV viewing... Perfect and then just constant stuttering on all channels and all serves (I have 4 installed)

Also I now have an issue where my box will forget the nameserver settings and keep going can to 0.0.0.0 which means I lose internet so none of the overnight updates and family members get pissed!!!

VPN I've got working fine but because of the above I constantly have to reconnect it.

Running vu solo2 with grog build

Seems some enigma2 users have no issues and some do...I have a H5.2TC and although IPTV plays constant hiccups on channels and the experience not the best. Eventually gone to a Firecube and works awesome...android def more suited to IPTV

I know guys that use octogons edison zgemma have no issues then others do I use android and zgemma and have to say pic quality on android is a lot crisper than on zgemma

I know guys that use octogons edison zgemma have no issues then others do I use android and zgemma and have to say pic quality on android is a lot crisper than on zgemma
ha ha, as you say everyones experience is different, my technomates have noticeably crisper pic quality than my android devices (and i have fiddled with settings with only slight improvement)

Hey Guys,

I've had my Vu Solo2 E2 box for many years, back from the CC days. It's a superb box and can do a lot but it's clearly not optimised for IPTV. It doesn't seem to handle all streams well, recording doesn't work well with service pack and it can get stuck a bit between changing from some channels to others. It gets completely stuck on every channel after an hour or so of play which I think is a known E2 issue. In addition, it's a ball ache to get my particular VPN working on it.

So I've been wondering, will a formuler Z7+ be an 'upgrade' purely for IPTV? I've read a fair amount on the Z7+. I have a very good Panasonic OLED which has all apps available like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube etc,, so I won't really be using it for anything other than IPTV and it's VOD (and getting my VPN working).. Possibly some variant of kodi. My TV is 4K so I'm hoping it could handle good source content, although I realise there's not much if any, genuine 4k streams available. I have ethernet available so the wifi isn't a thing. I've read the EPG can be a bit 'slow' but other than that, I'm not sure if there are any other shortcomings? I know it doesn't have MOL2 but I feel like the Z8 is overpriced at around £120 when you can get a shield for an extra tenner.

One question I did have on the Z7+ - can you hide/move/select different bouquets? Jedi and E2 is superb for that on the VU.

Be loads better than above box mate as enigma will have freezing on channels causing you to channel flick to refresh it!
also easier to do daily maintenance and add apps within seconds but for extra dollar get GTV model.. no brainer but whatever version be loads better than above box mate now

Hey Guys,

I recommend you spend a little more & upgrade to a Formuler Z8 box. I've been runing with their imbedded myonline2 app which answers all your current needs.

I recommend you spend a little more & upgrade to a Formuler Z8 box. I've been runing with their imbedded myonline2 app which answers all your current needs.
Absaloutly did you get sorted in end mate.
Any formuler devices run their own app

Hi Baz - I'm taking my time to respond to several offers, so I can choose the right one.

I'll PM you shortly, so you can see the approach I'm taking & see if you've any ideas that would be best disgusted in a PM.

Back