Would Formuler Z7+ be an upgrade from VU Solo2 E2 purely for IPTV?

Almost a year and a half on and I see this thread is still getting some interest. I can now speak from experience. I got a good deal on a Z8+ a short while after my post so decided to go for that as I'd heard good things about MOL2.

It's miles better than enigma 2. My previous vu box was an awesome piece of kit in general and brilliant for the old services but as Mike said, it's just not set up to run IPTV well. That's not to say it can't, Jedimaker really changed the game for enigma 2 and certainly made it useable. But MOL2 just blows it out of the water. Absolutely no regrets.

If you're buying new , a Z8 would be so much better with the latest Android advances/ improvements pre-installed!

You could get a firecube and wack IMPLAYER on it probably get the same experince
Not even close imo Mike , I have the pro version of IM player on stick and shield , MOL2 beats it easily because of the integration with the remote. "One Click" buttons on the remote for - EPG , Groups < VOD and record , make the user experience so much better.

Just buy an android TV I nice 65/70 inch saves messing with seperate remotes 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not sure they all do it. Sheild dose use your tivi remote and formuler dose through its remote and probably the buzz boxes.

I watch all my TV through IPTV so makes no difference

One of the best remotes about is the amiko a6 device superb in my opinion.
Was looking at one of those recently , similar to formuler remote in that it has iptv and epg buttons.
Regarding the shield remote , really poor imo for a premium box that costs as much as it does , to have no "mute" button on the remote ( I know pressing both vol up and vol down at the same time mutes the audio ) , also the netflix button is a pain , far too easy to catch it .

The Z8 is an excellent box!

Would, that one could say the same for their poorly designed/ inept remote control!

Back