xbox 360 problem going on line

babs

TK Veteran
hi my son has a xbox360 live and when he goes on the internet with it the internet connection breaks after about 20 mins. can anyone tell me has he to do anything to keep the connection on.thank you.

Thats strange never happens to me. Is it hooked up by ethernet or by wireless adaptor

try moving it closer to the router as it might need to be closer to it for the internet connection to have better signal. I have not had this problem but I use a D-Link DHP Powerline adaptor so I can have it wired in another room instead of having it wireless. Maybe someone else here would be able to know more for helping other than what I mentioned

there were problems with the 360's and net issues it affected a lot of people, is it still an issue?

if its been chipped/modified its been banned no internet connection will be allowed by Xbox. happened yesterday.

if its been chipped/modified its been banned no internet connection will be allowed by Xbox. happened yesterday.

they are able to go online for 20 mins so that isnt the issue. i would say your wireless router, or your internet altogether is cutting out on you. try a new router, and if the problem persists, contact your isp.

thanks homesick that is the problem we got a extra long cable and connected it to the router and x box its working grand now .thanks to everyone for there help.(y)

Well glad you got it all worked out and if you want it to be wireless you can look into a powerline adaptor. It creates a Network using your home's existing electrical wiring. I have a computer and my X box 360 hooked up this way and they work as if they are hooked up to the router by ethernet cable

Back