Xtream Codes website taken down re IPTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the sky news video... What does it show? Success for Illegal streams of tv being confiscated...

Xtream codes don't provide streams...

Xtream codes v3 was due to be released today...

Put all this together, we have a botched update by xtream codes, which has put there system down... And we have a provider of channels in Italy (maybe other countries), who has been caught...

The article and the video clearly show them taking down an IPTV provider. From what I have heard they are down due to an error around the V3 upgrade and will be back once resolved. If they were shut down the channels would be down as well, not just the front end.

panels are not back up at all, WHY WOULD THEY TAKE DOWN ALL THERE USERS TO UPGRADE? they would give notice also, give me strength they have been nicked and i suspect they will take a pay off from sky for there software
its not a fact they have taken down all their users, more that if doing an update to the software and its gone wrong then the software will not be accessable, users can still stream the iptv so they have not been taken down. Providers where aware that a new version was being launched today so notice must have been given.

panels are not back up at all, WHY WOULD THEY TAKE DOWN ALL THERE USERS TO UPGRADE? they would give notice also, give me strength they have been nicked and i suspect they will take a pay off from sky for there software

Gosh, wouldn't like to have you as someone in the jury if I were to be in court for something I hadn't done...

They didn't mean to take down all their users (actually, it's only server admins and resellers, since end-users are unaffected). Think of it like this, virgin media do an update to a street... However, inadvertently, they drill through fibre optic cable taking that whole street back to main servers...

All these users are now down without internet/phone/TV until virgin can get that cable sorted... Once that cable is sorted, everyone is back up and working again...

Thinking ahead is there an alternative of some sort if this doesn't come back?
there is an alternative but xtream codes was the one being used by most if not all.

Surely, MAG's (by default and design) use the Stalker Portal system and not XC
I think the issue is more how the providers manage the users and subs rather than what the boxes use, all feeds are working at the moment, but without the panels providers can't add new or renew existing customers etc.

there is an alternative but xtream codes was the one being used by most if not all.

I think the issue is more how the providers manage the users and subs rather than what the boxes use, all feeds are working at the moment, but without the panels providers can't add new or renew existing customers etc.

So there must be a backend to manage users via the providers end if this is just a front end to manage users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back