yellow alert and maybe red ahead

cactikid

VIP Member

how many people are going to get caught out been not prepared?
food stocked up batteries and torches and warm clothing be needed.

Just got back from Tenerife this evening. Was 24 degrees when I left this aft. -2 when I got off the plane here. :grimacing:

Scandinavians piss themselves laughing at us with this nanny state health and safety obsessed country, one speck of snow and all airports, schools etc shut down for a week.

Scandinavians piss themselves laughing at us with this nanny state health and safety obsessed country, one speck of snow and all airports, schools etc shut down for a week.
Plus everyone goes out buying essentials in for if we get it heavy and by time they get home it stops snowing

My trusty xtrail 4x4 will undoubtedly get stuck.. great in tesco i have to add
And up north we just put our big coats on..

trouble is drivers cant drive so wont cope and why is my car doing wheel spins when taking off at lights and not stopping when i press on the brakes hard.
having an an annual winter with plenty of snow they will be all setup for it with winter tyres and other things but ireland is not but uk gets hit worse than we do.vehicles how many should not be on the road even worse in very bad weather.
resources go to the government and not where its needed dont they,are stocks of grit and salt in abundance or going to go low again?
people in the country are well adapted i would have thought with possible 4 wheel drive so would cope better.

4x4 drivers are the worst, they still drive like it's a summers day and everything is bone dry when it's snow and ice just because they think they won't have an accident because they have 4 wheel drive.
Cause more accidents than anyone else on the road

4x4 drivers are the worst, they still drive like it's a summers day and everything is bone dry when it's snow and ice just because they think they won't have an accident because they have 4 wheel drive.
Cause more accidents than anyone else on the road
Rubbish. I do a lot of work in U.A.E
on weekends we go duneing
Car control. Breaking when to. and not. Over steer. under steer..

Combined with track days and the fact i live above sea level..we get more snow than average .
I drive as the conditions permit 36 years never a crash in uk..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

i saw a nice video on another forum of a 4 x 4 getting stuck in the snow 4 times and getting pushed out only to stop dead again up in the mountains and the best bit was this old crappy front wheel drive jap car traveling at 20mph without any bother passed it and drove into the distance.
mercs and bmw drivers stay off the road and let the better car get to their destinations :fuckyou::grin:

https://www.independent.ie/videos/i...thick-snow-on-wicklow-mountains-36409161.html

Harder springs. Thicker cut tyres.
Oh and a spade .

Attachments

• rps20180225_112551_824.jpg
    rps20180225_112551_824.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
There was an accident last time we got snow a car tried coming round this bend lost control hit a pedestrian then crashed into a parked car on newly laid tarmac our local council won't grit the streets round my area unless it's a main route and our backstreets get left back in 2010 last time uk got it bad they had to get jcbs to clear our street as was just thick pure ice but joys of living on a hill lol

It has got darker here defo snow on the way...typical i go away wednesday to sunnier skys..

If all else fails Lexi will pull you out the snow

Attachments

• Resized_20180121_150633.jpeg
    Resized_20180121_150633.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 25
Bloody hell stuss its a horse lol
Thats lexi my lodger.. she was my late dogs best friend. She has moved in.. 14 stone of love.
She wont go home..

Pic below chaz my late best friend
8d5a1fb2d7adfcfae1bf7a6267f2aa68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back