zgamma h2 stuck on flsh

are you putting usb in back of box and might need another usb stick as the zgemma boxes are picky with what usb they work with

1st gen Zgemma's like star, H1 & H2 the remotes work on any, 2nd gen Zgemma's onwards like H2S through to H7 use the same remote, H9 is different again so only 3 remotes for the whole range of Zgemma's (IF I recall correctly)

With regard to USB & box not flashing, you have two options:
1/ prep the USED USB correctly... Low-Level_format with HDD Guru or similar & then a Full not Quick FAT32 format with Windows before its ready for flash firmware.
2/ Buy a NEW 4gb-8gb Cruzer USB, new/unused drives only need to be FAT32 formatted with Windows to be ready for flash firmware.

Last edited:
the image is of the open atv site if that doesnt work try the 6.2 image but i had trouble with 6.2 and had to do 6.1 then i done the online update to 6.2 afterwards

I know you said you have tried to hold in the power button, but try it again as the fact that is showing USB means it is reading the stick.
Turn the box off and as soon as you see USB UPT press in the power button

it's normal for the system to HOLD at 49 directly after a base nightly FLSH as this is when the box needs input from the user to set-up the basic functions
(1st-time setup should be on TV screen)

I would suggest trying last nights ATV 6.2 base nightly & if the remote doesn't respond when the box is at 49 I'd try again with older nightly from a day or two ago... IF its still the same after that I'd change firmware & try VIX or PurE2.

assuming your remote has good batteries & is working, you can check by using your phone camera & pointing remote at the lens while pressing buttons

it is strange as can access via putty and file transfer but it wont accept the files. trying different usb
where is link to vix or pure2. thanks for the help guys

Back