Zgemma freezing

I have recently bought a zgemma H9S2 on behalf of our community. I live in Spain and already have a H2s in my apartment, so am familiar with Zgemma's. The H9S2 is to supple ment the community tv on the complex, we have 3 sky boxes which supply sky sports, rte 1 and rte 2 that are fed into the RF feed for the 82 apartments. For these we pay over £1000 p.a. for the subs so the idea is to reduce costs. The boxes (hopefully 3 eventually) will only ever be on one channel .The box works fine but always freezes overnight, so that when I check it in the morning it has frozen. It also does it during the day occasionally, for instance yesterday I reset the box at 8.00 am and when I checked it at 5 pm it had frozen . The Man U game had already started so it had happened sometime after 4.30 (never thought to check game time). Have put VPN (surfshark) onto box to see if that would cure the problem but no difference. The epg and info bars are always up to date just the picture thats frozen. Also since the vpn was put on the box freezes and the whooshbuid bootup screen is showing as if the box has rebooted and the nameserver settings have gone. Is there an inactivity setting on the box? or does anyone know of a fix. Thanks

Last edited:
Thats a tricky one, could be the internet or the sub or the vpn. I use a H9s using both jedixtrememaker and xcplugin. I have a few subs and tbh I rarely get through a day without a lock up. Last nights Utd game was a mare for alot of people with lock ups been reported everywhere.
If it was me I'd look at the sub first and make sure its not that. Then, I prefer NordVPN. I've tried a few different VPNs but Nord works best for me.
Change the countries in your VPN and speed check to find the best for you.
Would an Android box with a hdmi to RF adapter not have been a better option ?.
This way you'd have far more play than a Zgemma and iptv

HDMI to RF Coaxial Converter Box W/Remote Control HDMI to Coaxial Analog UK | eBay

Decent Android £50

My subs are both with lines. don't have a lot of probs with freezing, service seems pretty good also it seems a bit strange that it it happens every night and on any channel. I have the box on test in the TV room which is in another block so cant monitor it continuously but did have it in my apartment when I first set it up without any problems. My own box H2S I have noticed if I leave it on a stream at night next morning will have frozen but changing channels cures it so thought perhaps it was inactivity on the box ??. I use surfshark simply because it was the cheapest and have no problems with it. It can also be used on multiple devices ,so is ideal. Similarly the zgemma's I have used for many years and so am familiar with them and the guy who maintains the sat system is providing hdmi to rf converters, but i'll certainly look into it . Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
But at the end of the day a H2s was not built and designed for iptv. Ive have a H5 and the difference between that and an H9s (stalker based) is chalk & cheese.

My advice would be as I put before, horses for courses

As for changing channels stops the freezing?, I think most Zgemma owners suffer from this. Its as though it can't buffer then lock back in. Any break in info stops it in its track.
Saying that, not all servers do that.

Thats why I put the vpn on in the hope that the server would perhaps eradicate the momentary breaks in xm that cause the box to lock up.

All's I know is, it does the same for me. It's easy for me to simply flick it over then back but if your leaving it unmonitored then I'm afraid I have never found a solution. In the new Jedixtrememaker there's a 3 way buffer button off medium hard. I've tried all 3 but somewere through the night it will freeze. Very annoying for those late night fights when it records for 5 minutes then freezes for 3 hours.
You could p$ss around till the cows come home so for the sake of £50 (RF box and a stick) it's worth a go

Firstly can you edit and remove your supplier from post 3,(forum rules)
Once you've done that you could try a plugin from oottppxx called quaterpounder,Have a read here..

Enigma2 IPTV auto-reconnect

Open your web browser and navigate to the author's official GitHub oottppxx quarterpounder to download the plugin.
good shout I will give it a go. I always wondered about the vast number of plugins in plugins download. Most people like myself haven't a clue what most do

The box you have is the worst one made by zgemma. I have set up a couple of these recently and tested the h9 2s and the h9 twin and like chalk and cheese they are.The stalker portal is lightening quick on the twin box but the h9s just crashes all the time.No matter what firmware and a bare bones image make no difference what so ever.I will bet any money you do not have a usb in the box for extra memory which is a must on your model or simple downloading a couple of plugins box goes into looping mode. Crash logs show its just a problematic box full stop. Keep it bare bones and a usb mounted for extra memory and store any epg data to the usb as an overnight update on the epg is enough to freeze the thing.

il have to say moshibeth i have never had any issues with the h9s bar the stalker issue but i have 2 here n never have freezes,crashes n stalker runs perfect on it suppose like u say its down to knowing what ur doing + spain i have had a few djs i know over ther have issues n its normally the net ,or channels not kicking backing after a source reboot or server main reboot

Stalker is the best feature on the newer generation of zgemma boxes and the h9s runs ok when its logged in but compared to other devices piss poor.H9 twin and h7s very good o be fair once setup correctly. Go on any forum and the h9 series have a list longer than any others with people having issues which speaks for its self.

aye iv moved to formular s turbo now like but all h9s i have n have sold have allways been setup by me personally so i know ther right + dont get issues its just got to wer i cant b arsed lol so stick,driod box ,or formular s turbo now lol

aye iv moved to formular s turbo now like but all h9s i have n have sold have allways been setup by me personally so i know ther right + dont get issues its just got to wer i cant b arsed lol so stick,driod box ,or formular s turbo now lol
Answered your own question then really.No issues using other boxes

the uther boxes use tvonline app + my own personal app whitch both work perfect the custom zemma script exe i use 4 h9s works perfectly i chose to move to formular s turbo 4 a change n super fast boxes tbf but like i said from all the h9s iv sold whitch isnt like 3 or 4 its in the hundreds iv never had any 1 with issues mainly only issue i get is user side not actually updating the tv script but that is really about it

The box you have is the worst one made by zgemma. I have set up a couple of these recently and tested the h9 2s and the h9 twin and like chalk and cheese they are.The stalker portal is lightening quick on the twin box but the h9s just crashes all the time.No matter what firmware and a bare bones image make no difference what so ever.I will bet any money you do not have a usb in the box for extra memory which is a must on your model or simple downloading a couple of plugins box goes into looping mode. Crash logs show its just a problematic box full stop. Keep it bare bones and a usb mounted for extra memory and store any epg data to the usb as an overnight update on the epg is enough to freeze the thing.
Strange although mine freezes I have a H9s on openATV 6.3 and it never crashes. I was given it by a friend about 3 months back as he had no use for it and touch wood it's been fine since the day I flashed it. I use Jedi and XC Plugin

i do think its down to who set it up actually knowing wat ther doing ,noot just plug in load pass on like a lot do it takes me ateast n hour from pluggin in to loading ,setting up correctly on then leaving a bit 2 run , whitch i pride myself n my service in tbf yes its to easy to just setup n pass but they have to b setup correctly to avoid issues in future

Strange although mine freezes I have a H9s on openATV 6.3 and it never crashes. I was given it by a friend about 3 months back as he had no use for it and touch wood it's been fine since the day I flashed it. I use Jedi and XC Plugin
Jedi or xc will suit it best but as mentioned keep a USB in it for the extra memory

I've tried that QuarterPounder to try and stop IPTV from random freezing but after say 30 minutes it's just froze.

I hit the link on the subject regarding QuarterPounder apk app but the settings mentioned in the thread are nothing alike what I've got.
Currently on mine default settings are:-

QuarterPounder = 6.2.0k
Enable = true
Ignore Strings (comma separated list) = mp4,mkv
Restart delay = (seconds) = 0
Restart Indicator = Default
Stuck Cgannels Hack = (blank)
Stuck Channels Hack Delay = 2500
Debug = false

My URL ends in m3u

Back